UPS Work Ethic

NHDRVR

Good post. It isn't even that you (or anyone) has to enjoy that they go to work every day. Some days it's always a grind. It's having the responsibility to know better.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I don't know what I will be doing when I retire. Travel? Play with trains? Photography? Boating? All things that I like to do now. I can make you one promise. I won't be wearing brown, and I won't have a thing to with boxes.

BROWN430

When I retire I'm thinking about doing real estate. It has always interested me. My electrician bubby and I are in the planning stages of buying a few houses to rehab and see if we can make money on them. Between the 2 of us we can do almost all the work. I was a hvac and a plumber when I was part time at UPS. we will see how that all pans out if we get started.

Why do we work the way we do?
Is it really good for you?
Is it really good for the company?
Is it really good for the country?

Is Klein really smarter than the rest of us?
I mention Klein because his posts have, many times in the past, in their essence a general point of view that questions whether the Western Work Ethic that is held as sacrosanct is not really that great for the individual.
Yes

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why do we work the way we do?
Is it really good for you?
Is it really good for the company?
Is it really good for the country?

Is Klein really smarter than the rest of us?
I mention Klein because his posts have, many times in the past, in their essence a general point of view that questions whether the Western Work Ethic that is held as sacrosanct is not really that great for the individual.
Simmer down Socrates. You're thinking too much

Heavy Package

The original post was in 2010. Those were a tough few years. I was not at UPS then but I remember just laying low and doing whatever to stay employed.

My beef is the UPS of today. If it's a crappy contract in today's economic environment I'm ready to strike.