UPS workers in Sparks protest pay cuts for part-time employees

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS workers in Sparks protest pay cuts for part-time employees - News 4

United Parcel Service (UPS) workers across northern Nevada and California are protesting outside seven different facilities Thursday to speak out against pay cuts for part-time employees.

UPS said despite making record-breaking profits last year and recently increasing prices for customers, the company cut the pay for nearly 4,000 part-time employees across the area this week.

A spokesman for the Teamsters 533 Union said the pay cuts amount up to $6 per hour for some workers living in some of the most expensive housing markets in the country.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS workers in Sparks protest pay cuts for part-time employees - News 4

United Parcel Service (UPS) workers across northern Nevada and California are protesting outside seven different facilities Thursday to speak out against pay cuts for part-time employees.

UPS said despite making record-breaking profits last year and recently increasing prices for customers, the company cut the pay for nearly 4,000 part-time employees across the area this week.

A spokesman for the Teamsters 533 Union said the pay cuts amount up to $6 per hour for some workers living in some of the most expensive housing markets in the country.
Why didn't the Teamsters negotiate higher wages to start with? It is all on them.

PT Crazy

What does NV get for the attendance bonus? Where I am at.....they cut the MRA from $22 to the contractual $15 or so. PLUS a show up all week bonus. ($175/wk) For all part timers. It doesn't not matter if you work 5 min or 4 hours a day to get the bonus. The shame is.....many do not ask for their guarantee (3.5 hours here). I make sure I get my time in......the supervisors like to work around here!

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
The new hires don’t even know we’re part of a union..SMH!
🧔✊
That's the sad truth and it is not just new hires.There's people in my building with more seniority than me that don't know they can file grievances,or that supervisors are not allowed to touch packages.

Frank888

I'm glad that they are giving us something for dependable attendance and hopefully they could work something out for the next contract because 15/hr is not that much when accounting for rising inflation and taxes. The workers and management have a lot in common and I feel that they will agree to a good contract for the workers. Is there anything that the workers could do now or do we need to wait until the new contract in 2023?