UPSer Death?

mikeny

Service Provider
during today's PCM they told us someone got sucked into the conveyor belt and died ay the Phoenix Center. i tried looking this up on google, upsers.com and this forum but can't find any info. did anyone else hear about this?

Leftinbuilding

I live in the Phoenix area....nothing in the news about this. A couple of weeks ago some poor guy at the airport got killed in a conveyor. Could be someone got their story mixed. Still a good reminder.....conveyors can be dangerous.

robot

Has A Large Member
When i worked the slide, a coworker of mine slipped and his hand got caught on the conveyor belt and the automated arm that pushes packages down. It ripped his pinky off and pulled all kinds of muscle and tendons out. Looked like he was holding a handful of saucy spaghetti!

UPSER110

When i worked the slide, a coworker of mine slipped and his hand got caught on the conveyor belt and the automated arm that pushes packages down. It ripped his pinky off and pulled all kinds of muscle and tendons out. Looked like he was holding a handful of saucy spaghetti!

That would suck. We have a single belt in our building and there is a "guard" where the belt ends that is worn out where it could easily suck a finger/hand into. I showed my supervisor and demonstrated what could happen about 6-8 months ago.. its still like that..

mikeny

Service Provider
i couldn't tell you how many belts we have (a lot of them), and i also can't see how someone can be sucked in