Upsers Get 35 cents

705red

Browncafe Steward
The raises don't keep up with inflation. Vote no!
Joe you as a 22.3 combo will make $26.62 an hour at the end of this contract, package car driver will make $32.30 a feeder driver $32.55 and a porter will make $31.60 with an additional $390 a week into your pension.

Look at the language that you have just gained in this contract you. Whats that worth to you?

B

Brother Joe

Hey b o'c the wages in this tentative contract are smaller than the last. Prices are way up. Thats a concession. We deserve better. We had a 93% yes vote. We were ready!

A

about to sign up jaxhub

everyone knows of the bulls*** 4 year progression wages for newly hired employees...i you are still in progression seniority to 1yr you will recieve $6.87 over the lie of the nma 1yr to 2yr you will get $6.37 2yr to 3yr $5.87 3yr to 4yr $5.37 this is a nice glitch in the contract i really dont think many noticed...aint it a bitch new-hires with4 or more months will be at $15.37 by end of contract

page 6 - Convoy Dispatch August 2008

Ups Teamsters got a 35 cent raise on August 1, the smallest raise in many years. Another 35 cent raise will follow in six months, for a total of 70 cents over the next year.

Last August 1, UPS Teamsters received a $1 raise. How much did gas and food cost then, compared to now?

The contract also didn't provide for a cost of living improvement this year, a serious problem when inflation has run at 4.5 percent. For a full-time Teamster, a 35 cent raise is just 1.25 percent, meaning a big loss in real wages.

One group of Teamsters involved with our UPS contract did get taken care of. They are the top union negotiators. James Hoffa received a $12,500 cost of living adjustment on July 1.

hall cost of living adjustment on July 1 was &5,786. That's a much less bitter pill to swallow than 35 cents.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hey b o'c the wages in this tentative contract are smaller than the last. Prices are way up. Thats a concession. We deserve better. We had a 93% yes vote. We were ready!
$5 over 6 years were the raises in the last contract while the new proposal is $4 over 5 years, how is that smaller? Its actually similiar,

You need to stop looking at the money, joe you will be here for some time still and at the end of the contract you will be up $4 an hour for the rest of you career. Would you rather receive 50 cents every august first for a total of $2.50 over the 4 years?

Look at the language gains, huge!

You going to the picnic next sunday?

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
yeah about the pay i never thought when i got top pay for delivery we could be making over $23.00 an hour and look at what we make now..

705red

Browncafe Steward
yeah about the pay i never thought when i got top pay for delivery we could be making over $23.00 an hour and look at what we make now..
Thats a great point, in 97 the top out pat for package was $19 and change and here now 11 years later we are at $28.55 an hour and at the end of this contract we will be at $32.30.

Joe what about the ptimers now receivng $60 per year of service pension credit. You have to calculate all monies into your raise. Yes some companies might receive more hourly but dont have a pension, 401k match etc.

$390 a week will be paid into your pension at the end of this contract for a total of $20,280 per year as a fulltimer. Now is that chump change to you?
Now add your $26.62 an hour as a 22.3 that you will receive at the end of this contract at 2,080 hours to that pension and you have earned $75,649 a year, this is without overtime!

This does not include your health and welfare weekly contributions but i hope you see my point.

B

Brother Joe

$6 over 5 years averages 83 1/3 cents a year. $5 over 4 years average 80 cents a year. This is a concession because this is a smaller raise than the last contract. That is not mentioning that the raises are split. That is a loss of hundreds of dollars every 6 months. That is not mentioning that the raises do not keep up with inflation. That is not mentioning that the basic necessities are increasing faster than inflation. The last contract had an additional $1 an hour over the life of the contract for part timers for catch up pay. That gets me to that 50 cent comment. They people who came in after the 2002 contract got 50 cent raises. They need catch up pay & back pay.

I can't live with it bill.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Joe have you lokked at the really positive language changes in the contract? Your on here saying this contract is crap and im pointing out the positives but you still refuse to grab a hold of reality. Make sure you come see me tomorrow at the picnic.

cars27

thinking about retiring w/ 31 years got packet from new ups/ibt plan but no info on retiree health coverage anyone have idea of cost

I have a question regarding the $.35 raises...

I heard the .$35 in February isn't guaranteed or something along those lines. (Something regarding the cost of health care)

Can anyone clear this up for me?

What'dyabringmetoday???

...but don't be surprised if your Union tries to get their hands on it.
Please explain what you mean? Incidentally, it is funny how it is "your union". I am sure you are the type that loves the union when you are in a pickle, but the rest of the time you like to run the union down. Please do not tell me you have never been in a pickle at UPS.

govols019

You smell that?
I have a question regarding the $.35 raises...

I heard the .$35 in February isn't guaranteed or something along those lines. (Something regarding the cost of health care)

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Why is someone asking this question? Is reading the contract, the one that we just voted on, that freakin' hard?

chev

Nightcrawler
...but don't be surprised if your Union tries to get their hands on it.
Well we all know the union gets a small bump every year. I think it is a small price to pay for the security, wages and excellent benefits we get. I know I have needed them a few times in the past and they have always come through for me. I think we need to stop complaining about this ridiculous BS and be happy we have what we do.Look at comparable jobs and and how they are treated. Then tell me who has a raw deal. :peaceful: