UPSPAC

DiadesSuk

UPS would benefit from actually contributing to the communities that they employee people versus some overpriced charity that pays its CEO's millions.. Local foodbanks, fundraisers etc.. It's sillyness..

Ghost in the Darkness

There's a value at UPS that you must be a part of the team and if you're not, you shouldnt be here.
I get what you are saying... I just feel like there is a line between doing your job and feeling like they own you. We have had sups that put themselves and their personal life needs ahead of everyone else and make no apologies for it. If I felt like in the give and take of life at UPS this was my time to say no and not take one for the "team"... I would.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey guys, I know I am seeing a lot of back-and-forth on this topic, but I really need to push back and raise some red flags here. Having an on-site office presence foundational to our ability to drive efficiencies in a corporate landscape. It is in our DNA. Sure, there is no 'one size fits all' or silver bullet and some are just boilerplate solutions, leveraged to the hilt and really only keeping us at a 30,000-foot-view of things. Being on-site, however, really allow us to get better granularity, find better directional-indicators, or loop back and dive deep into some critical issues on a go-forward basis.

I think if you all start spending more time in the office gain, you'll find yourself trending toward the positive, but you'll have to keep an eye on the puck. Gut through it, reduce thrash, and let's stay in lock-step on this. Yes, we will synergize!

What's the root cause of the hatred of Corporate office spaces? I'll put my layman's hat on and guess that it comes from movies such as Office Space and Dilbert cartoons. But we all know that these are fictional spaces, and real office spaces allow us to touch base in a much more efficient manner.

I have to time-box this comment, as I have a hard-stop in a moment when I will have to jump onto a call. So, just one more point that I want to cover-off on: let's socialize the idea of having more office presence and loop back to see whether we're being more impactful. From a management standpoint, I think that we can get the traction to do it.

So, net/net, ignore the naysayers, sidebar the folks that are stuck in the weeds, and don't waste cycles or bandwidth on folks that don't align strongly with this mission. Try it out, and we'll have another touch point in a little while to see if we've moved the needle. Remember, our north star hasn't changed. We're still championing our core values remotely and we will only do it better in person.

If you need me, I will be online again in a bit.
EE4CF4B6-8D88-4026-A627-E45A7DA77C7F.gif

83077DF8-E70D-472E-9D00-64D6791E35CA.gif

Glenlake55Wally

Hey guys, I know I am seeing a lot of back-and-forth on this topic, but I really need to push back and raise some red flags here. Having an on-site office presence foundational to our ability to drive efficiencies in a corporate landscape. It is in our DNA. Sure, there is no 'one size fits all' or silver bullet and some are just boilerplate solutions, leveraged to the hilt and really only keeping us at a 30,000-foot-view of things. Being on-site, however, really allow us to get better granularity, find better directional-indicators, or loop back and dive deep into some critical issues on a go-forward basis.

I think if you all start spending more time in the office gain, you'll find yourself trending toward the positive, but you'll have to keep an eye on the puck. Gut through it, reduce thrash, and let's stay in lock-step on this. Yes, we will synergize!

What's the root cause of the hatred of Corporate office spaces? I'll put my layman's hat on and guess that it comes from movies such as Office Space and Dilbert cartoons. But we all know that these are fictional spaces, and real office spaces allow us to touch base in a much more efficient manner.

I have to time-box this comment, as I have a hard-stop in a moment when I will have to jump onto a call. So, just one more point that I want to cover-off on: let's socialize the idea of having more office presence and loop back to see whether we're being more impactful. From a management standpoint, I think that we can get the traction to do it.

So, net/net, ignore the naysayers, sidebar the folks that are stuck in the weeds, and don't waste cycles or bandwidth on folks that don't align strongly with this mission. Try it out, and we'll have another touch point in a little while to see if we've moved the needle. Remember, our north star hasn't changed. We're still championing our core values remotely and we will only do it better in person.

If you need me, I will be online again in a bit.

Is this a joke? It sounds like a game of codswallop Bingo trying to use as many idiotic consultant buzzwords as possible. The simple fact is that the UPS Corporate office is more friend’ed up than anything Scott Adams ever imagined in his wildest dreams for Dilbert material. The place is more toxic than Chernobyl. It should be encased in concrete and buried to make sure none of it’s jizz oozes out on anyone ever again.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Is this a joke? It sounds like a game of * Bingo trying to use as many idiotic consultant buzzwords as possible. The simple fact is that the UPS Corporate office is more friend’ed up than anything Scott Adams ever imagined in his wildest dreams for Dilbert material. The place is more toxic than Chernobyl. It should be encased in concrete and buried to make sure none of it’s jizz oozes out on anyone ever again.
The jizz has already oozed out all over ups corporate. The damage is done. Just watch the circus. I'm ready for Orion 4.0. Get it out before my raise.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Is this a joke? It sounds like a game of * Bingo trying to use as many idiotic consultant buzzwords as possible. The simple fact is that the UPS Corporate office is more friend’ed up than anything Scott Adams ever imagined in his wildest dreams for Dilbert material. The place is more toxic than Chernobyl. It should be encased in concrete and buried to make sure none of it’s jizz oozes out on anyone ever again.
Calm down @Glenlake55Wally

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
When I was working I would give just over the minimum amount for my level, and always $1 more than the previous year. I did this for both UW and UPSPAC, just avoid being "coached and counseled".

hangin455

The %'s requested over a FT Sup are astonishing lol.. I dont see myself donating $1000's to this at any point in my career lol..
The other thing I never got an answer to was whether outside stockholders were solicited to donate. God knows Warren Buffet owned many more shares than me.

542thruNthru

No, they haven't. Amazon is still using and expanding their flex drivers

Unless you're referring to something else?
From the articles I've read and what I've seen Amazon is using Flex still just as they use us and FedEx ground but they have greatly reduced the use of it by moving towards DSPs.

The point was the so called "Uber" plan to replace our jobs doesn't work.

brownIEman

From the articles I've read and what I've seen Amazon is using Flex still just as they use us and FedEx ground but they have greatly reduced the use of it by moving towards DSPs.

The point was the so called "Uber" plan to replace our jobs doesn't work.

Amazon is increasing their DSP capacity by plan, and reducing their reliance on flex as they increase that capacity. Flex is not reducing because it does not work.
It did and does work exactly as intended. If DSPs have a lot of call outs and have to drop routes, those routes are recycled to flex drivers. The whole point was to add flexibility into the network so they could respond to changing, chaotic situations. Have a lot of last minute same day orders? Flex drivers. At 11:30AM Amazon can plan an impromptu preload and run a feeder or two to Flex and get it all delivered.

UPS does not have anywhere near that level of flexibility, and can't. Flexibility is antithetical to a union environment. That's not a slam on the union by the way, there is no judgement in that, that's just a statement of objective fact.

If you drink the IBT cool aide your first reaction to that statement will be 'bullcrap!'. Most union reps will say "total crap, if you were smart, you could run this operation just as nimbly as a non-union shop. Now, let's stop all that nonsense and get back to negotiating all these articles in the NMA that restrict how you can adjust the work plan to adjust to the rapidly changing delivery environment"

And they say it with a straight face...

542thruNthru

Amazon is increasing their DSP capacity by plan, and reducing their reliance on flex as they increase that capacity. Flex is not reducing because it does not work.
It did and does work exactly as intended. If DSPs have a lot of call outs and have to drop routes, those routes are recycled to flex drivers. The whole point was to add flexibility into the network so they could respond to changing, chaotic situations. Have a lot of last minute same day orders? Flex drivers. At 11:30AM Amazon can plan an impromptu preload and run a feeder or two to Flex and get it all delivered.

UPS does not have anywhere near that level of flexibility, and can't. Flexibility is antithetical to a union environment. That's not a slam on the union by the way, there is no judgement in that, that's just a statement of objective fact.

If you drink the IBT cool aide your first reaction to that statement will be 'bullcrap!'. Most union reps will say "total crap, if you were smart, you could run this operation just as nimbly as a non-union shop. Now, let's stop all that nonsense and get back to negotiating all these articles in the NMA that restrict how you can adjust the work plan to adjust to the rapidly changing delivery environment"

And they say it with a straight face...
So then we are in agreement. Flex serves a purpose but in no way is it able to handle Amazon, UPS or FedEx volume on its own.

I'm sure the contract does hinder there flexibility. Though flexibility is good for the company bad for the worker.