UPSPAC

RUDoneYet

Hey guys, I know I am seeing a lot of back-and-forth on this topic, but I really need to push back and raise some red flags here. Having an on-site office presence foundational to our ability to drive efficiencies in a corporate landscape. It is in our DNA. Sure, there is no 'one size fits all' or silver bullet and some are just boilerplate solutions, leveraged to the hilt and really only keeping us at a 30,000-foot-view of things. Being on-site, however, really allow us to get better granularity, find better directional-indicators, or loop back and dive deep into some critical issues on a go-forward basis.

I think if you all start spending more time in the office gain, you'll find yourself trending toward the positive, but you'll have to keep an eye on the puck. Gut through it, reduce thrash, and let's stay in lock-step on this. Yes, we will synergize!

What's the root cause of the hatred of Corporate office spaces? I'll put my layman's hat on and guess that it comes from movies such as Office Space and Dilbert cartoons. But we all know that these are fictional spaces, and real office spaces allow us to touch base in a much more efficient manner.

I have to time-box this comment, as I have a hard-stop in a moment when I will have to jump onto a call. So, just one more point that I want to cover-off on: let's socialize the idea of having more office presence and loop back to see whether we're being more impactful. From a management standpoint, I think that we can get the traction to do it.

So, net/net, ignore the naysayers, sidebar the folks that are stuck in the weeds, and don't waste cycles or bandwidth on folks that don't align strongly with this mission. Try it out, and we'll have another touch point in a little while to see if we've moved the needle. Remember, our north star hasn't changed. We're still championing our core values remotely and we will only do it better in person.

If you need me, I will be online again in a bit.
This made me laugh and cry at the same time, a very well written satirical post. Unfortunately, this hits very close to for me, and is an accurate description of a day in my life at work. Also, "Office Space" is a movie based on my corporate life for more than the last 20 years..... Nicely done @TearsInRain !

brownIEman

So then we are in agreement. Flex serves a purpose but in no way is it able to handle Amazon, UPS or FedEx volume on its own.

I'm sure the contract does hinder there flexibility. Though flexibility is good for the company bad for the worker.

Yep, agreed on all points.

I remember a couple years back when UPS first announced PVDs for peak I read in the union forum guys loosing their minds saying it was UPS plan to bust the union at the next contract. I sarcastically said, yeah, UPS is going to force the union to strike and send the volume out in 900 Dodge grand caravans per center.
The PVDs were/are an attempt to add flexibility, not a replacement.

Karma...

The basic union philosophy has been why use 1 person with a shovel when its better to use 100 people with spoons........dues and initiation fees matter...

gamecock65

I stopped giving when I found out all the woke garbage they are lobbying for, stuff that has absolutely zero to do with supply chain or transportation. Also, your donation has zero to do with your standing with the company. If McKinsey & Co says you're expendable, they will kick you to the curb regardless of your levels of giving to UPSPAC and United Way. Keep that money in your pocket and give it to organizations that actually need it.

MrWonderful

I stopped giving when I found out all the woke garbage they are lobbying for, stuff that has absolutely zero to do with supply chain or transportation. Also, your donation has zero to do with your standing with the company. If McKinsey & Co says you're expendable, they will kick you to the curb regardless of your levels of giving to UPSPAC and United Way. Keep that money in your pocket and give it to organizations that actually need it.
They keep a note of who gives what and where.

Karma...

when management gets evaluated 2 points covered are first uw and ups pac...then production ( in all its variances ) service and safety...

Karma...

crafty...not stupid........the teamsters have been fooled for a very long time.......remember that case invited the teamster in knowing that the teamsters would be fooled long time

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
that time of year again where Lane tells us how much our donations mean to diverse & inclusive public policy and how lobbying is "necessary", despite the Founding Fathers and hundreds of years of legal precedence being totally opposed to it as un-American

What'dyabringmetoday???

that time of year again where Lane tells us how much our donations mean to diverse & inclusive public policy and how lobbying is "necessary", despite the Founding Fathers and hundreds of years of legal precedence being totally opposed to it as un-American
Make sure you donate to United Way. Oh I forgot- you are required to. Lol.

Karma...

to the naive ...ive seen the did not contribute lists for both the uw and the upspac....that was some time ago...maybe its changed by now

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I always thought UW and UPSPAC were nothing more than corporate grandstanding. I chose what organizations warranted my donation and I donated directly to them avoiding the UW overhead. I researched political issues impacting UPS and voted accordingly. Of course, giving to both is completely voluntary. My many broken arms are finally almost healed now...

wilberforce15

Can upper management please stop showing the slide which states that all contributions to UPSPAC are voluntary, then proceeding to hound me with e-mails as if my job depends on whether or not I choose give to UPSPAC? Good god, just say it’s mandatory for all management employees to give at least $X to UPSPAC and be done with it.
It is illegal to require it.
Get your manager on a recording basically requiring it.

Profit.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I always thought UW and UPSPAC were nothing more than corporate grandstanding. I chose what organizations warranted my donation and I donated directly to them avoiding the UW overhead. I researched political issues impacting UPS and voted accordingly. Of course, giving to both is completely voluntary. My many broken arms are finally almost healed now...
I always had a few bucks taken out for “Make a Wish”

DiadesSuk

to the naive ...ive seen the did not contribute lists for both the uw and the upspac....that was some time ago...maybe its changed by now
it 100% exists.. Ran weekly and pressure applied. UPS wants 100% support regardless if its voluntarily or mandatory. to no surprise, its 100% mandatory if you wish to even be considered for promotions better job paths at UPS.