Upssocks the moderator

Should UPSSOCKS be a Moderator

• Total voters

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Come on, let us know!. It was a dead issue until you brought it up here!

I don't know anymore than you do pickup ... but I am better off than you because I don't care who his/her original persona is.

It was just obvious to me that Socks was someone that knew all the loud-mouth, irrational flamers on here because that is who he/she picked on at first.
Also, when one has an identity/persona, that reflects their true self, it is hard to continue indefinitely as someone they truly are not.
SOCKS was already tiring of the game and so his/her being put into modification queue was the convenient last straw that let him/her return to their true persona.
For the most part SOCKS just gave posters on here a taste of their own medicine and that part I really enjoyed.
However, just as his counterparts on the union/hourly side do, the generalized nature and inclusiveness of all people in a category that he/she was bashing made him/her sound ignorant and hateful.

I have many times said, if you don't like what someone is posting, don't reply to them. Replying to them is falling into their trap and is exactly what they want.

That is why you normally don't see me replying to all these hate filled, ignorant, dim-witted generalized posts made about management or hourly (or Democrats and Republicans for that manner).

But as long as one is just having fun - it's OK. Just don't violate the TOS.

P

pickup

I just got a reputation comment from upssocks. He is alive and well. Praise the Lord .

P

pickup

first moderator who tells me what other browncafe identity upssocks uses will get positive reputation points from me.

Be quick on the draw , while you're thinking about it, another moderator might tell me first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
first moderator who tells me what other browncafe identity upssocks uses will get positive reputation points from me.

Big quick on the draw , while you're thinking about it, another moderator might tell me first.

That is so lame!!
We stand strong together in our brotherhood and sisterhood ... you'll not hear a peep!

You mean like in a PM?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
It won't happen Pickup. He only had one identity (as far as I know).

I think Cheryl or Tony could tell you, but they won't for privacy reasons.

To me, it's a real shame that we're ok with listening to Osama, Madoff, others on the news, but not UPSSOCKS on BC.

Viewers, refrain from the apples and oranges comparison, I'm talking principle here. It may be deep, but that's where I dwell.

UPSSOCKS was unpopular, so he was moderated to the point that his posts had to be reviewed for "Some Time" (Some Time,,,no time period has been brought forward) before his words would appear to us. (Just talking about a Poster; nothing more here)

His comments, my comments, other's comments can not be taken as factual (except in a Trust Relationship).

Isn't that the basic premise of Chat Forum's with anonymous members?

P

pickup

That is so lame!!
We stand strong together in our brotherhood and sisterhood ... you'll not hear a peep!

You mean like in a PM?

If the information is delivered in a pm , then also a free lollypop. After all ,what is the worth of a riddle that everyone knows the answer to?

tourists24

Oh I dont know,,, some may find this a little more appropriate...

[video=youtube;rHJoj9IqeKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg&feature=related[/video]

Well, I just got a negative rep from Socks for the above video.... I apologize Socks,,,, maybe this one will be more appropriate or "in good taste"... lol
[video=youtube;Q8Tiz6INF7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I[/video]

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Soothe out and think about the Person.
UPSOCKS has been a section of BC that really needs to verbalize the feelings of him, as a Manager and the company, as the union (as he sees it)....Right??

over9five

Staff member
I'm very disappointed. As I previously said, I was very close to throwing my considerable support behind the UPSsocks for Moderator Campaign. Some of you may remember I was the Campaign Manager for Diadlover when he was running for President of Brown Cafe, so I do have experience AND a solid BC Political machine in place.

But then UPSsocks left us, never to return....

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm very disappointed. As I previously said, I was very close to throwing my considerable support behind the UPSsocks for Moderator Campaign. Some of you may remember I was the Campaign Manager for Diadlover when he was running for President of Brown Cafe, so I do have experience AND a solid BC Political machine in place.

But then UPSsocks left us, never to return....
Even with a 'solid political machine' in place you were fighting a losing battle. 75% of public opinion was dead set against socks ever gaining mod status. :happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
Even with a 'solid political machine' in place you were fighting a losing battle. 75% of public opinion was dead set against socks ever gaining mod status. :happy-very:

Not true.
75% of poll respondents were againt Mr Socks. I am not convinced that this is a fair and accurate assessment of the 20,500 BC members.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In a way, I thought Socks was funny at first. I could care less if anybody likes the union or the company. The problem to me was the way he interacted with other members. He was asked several times to tone down the insults, but refused, even insulting the mod staff. He knew how to push certain poster's buttons and they fell for it every time. If you just ignore somebody you disagree with, they lose.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
In a way, I thought Socks was funny at first. I could care less if anybody likes the union or the company. The problem to me was the way he interacted with other members. He was asked several times to tone down the insults, but refused, even insulting the mod staff. He knew how to push certain poster's buttons and they fell for it every time. If you just ignore somebody you disagree with, they lose.
Or go away.

UPSSOCKS

I am still here.... Apparently I have been punished again and can't do anything on the site. I had to be very creative to even post this message. I am on some kind of probation that says this everytime I try to do anything:

UPSSOCKS, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well, well, well, if it ain't socks sitting in chat all by himself.

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users
There are currently 335 users online. 12 members and 323 guests
Most users ever online was 883, 01-07-2010 at 12:51 PM.
dilligaf snackdad Dark_Team_135 Random_Facts diesel96 klein soberups+ barkerstv drewed thor44 All Day
Total members that have registered on the forum in the last 24 hours: 17

Total guests that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 2,630

Who's Chatting
Currently 1 user(s) in chat room.
UPSSOCKS
Brown Cafe - UPS info for UPSers Statistics
Threads 20,160 Posts 397,538 Members 20,660
Welcome to our newest member, WideBrimHat
Blogs 131 Entries 236 Last 24 Hours 1
Latest Blog Entry, UPS-SCS takes away more than they give to employees by SCSNEEDSAUNION
Icon Legend

Contains unread forum posts

Contains no unread forum posts

Forum is a category

Forum is a Link

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am still here.... Apparently I have been punished again and can't do anything on the site. I had to be very creative to even post this message. I am on some kind of probation that says this everytime I try to do anything:

UPSSOCKS, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I'd say it's a little of both. This thread should now be called, UPSSOCKS the moderated!

[video=youtube;L05ZBxN9frA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L05ZBxN9frA[/video]