Upstate and Western New York.

542thruNthru

What’d you stop signing your posts with “I”???

Better get in character pal, you seem like someone else....

DEXATI20190205192958.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It was our second vote.

The BS with the master. Walking around my building you talk to people that don't want to vote for the supplement but figure it doesn't matter so don't bother voting at all.
Not saying it's right, but that's exactly what happened.
So did anything actually change in your supplement? No one has answered that yet

JustDeliverIt

So did anything actually change in your supplement? No one has answered that yet

Our local had an arbitration decision it had won years ago that was taken away in the original supplement for day after thanksgiving. We got that back. Also, the original wouldn't allow FT employees to bid outside of classification. They changed that so we can bid any job again we are qualified for. That was all they changed after the first vote down.

browned out

Next, Hoffa/Hall/Taylor/ are going to require a 2/3 voter turnout to change the IBT leadership.

Pieces of absolute garbage.

Maybe Upstate and Western NY teamsters should be pursuing charges against their local and/or joint counsel? Or filing charges against the IBT for forcing thru a contract that is not in the best interests of the members or the IBT?

In 243; We are doing all we can to get as many to vote as possible for our revote. If our supplement is not forthright; we will vote it down again.

Hopefully, 243 pursues their ULP charges against UPS with the due diligence required. We are asking for very simple answers to numerous questions that relate directly to pay, working conditions and terms of employment.

If; for some reason we do not reach the 50% voter turnout threshold and our supplement if forced thru like upstate/western NY's; it seems the last resort would be charges against the union for failure to fulfill the duty of representation during contract negotiations.

These charges could be filed against the local (243), the Joint Counsel (43), and/or the IBT.

243 has failed miserably in this duty to the members.

Simple questions of great importance to members have never been answered. These questions were asked numerous times directly to 243 in person by hundreds of UPS teamsters. The answers we received to numerous questions addressing the proposed language from 243 and UPS management was simply "WE DON'T KNOW"

243 has a duty; as do all locals; to read thru other local supplements and decide if any of that language could be beneficial to the members of that local. 243 obviously did not read the NorCal supplement. Otherwise that protective language would have been included in the 243 rider.

"WE DON'T KNOW" does not fulfill a unions duty of fair representation DURING contract negotiations.

The negligence of 243 has lead to contention in many areas that were essential to the benefit of all 243 members. There are numerous PT and FT issues but for this post I will address some of the FT issues. 243 has not addressed the issues of guaranteeing current full time drivers the right to 40 hours per week. Nor have they addressed the right of Full time drivers who have not reached 40 hours the right to bump Saturday/Sunday 22.4s so the RPCD could reach 40 hours. Or even 4 days at 10 hours to guarantee RPCDs 40 hours. OR ...BETTER YET...FULFILL YOUR DUTY OF REPSENTATION DURING CONTRACT NEGOTIAITONS AS NOR-CAL DID.

New language was created that guarantees a not-yet existing job classification (22.4s) the absolute right to a 5 day consecutive work week with 8 hour day guarantees. Yet, no such language or adaptation of language was created for the current full time package car drivers.

So...when UPS goes to a 22.4 Wednesday thru Sunday week; RCPDs will be laid off on Mondays and Tuesdays. These drivers will have no contractual right to make up these hours.....even though their actual work exists on Sat and Sun. (UPS easily manipulates the resi volume)

Compounding this issue is the concrete fact that we need 1801 hours for a full year of pension credit. (4) Full-time employees will receive one (1) year of Credited Service for each 1801 paid hours in Covered Employment in a calendar year beginning on or after January 1, 2008.

So RCPDs are laid off Mondays and Tuesdays. Lets just say they average 28 hours per week. 28 hours times 52 weeks equals 1456 hours which does not equate to a full year of Credited service.

NorCal has obvious protections in place for its' RPCDs.

243's lack of representation rises to a level beyond incompetence. 243 did not provide adequate language to protect the already sufficient FT work force.

It is patently unacceptable that 243 refuses to tell the members one way or the other. 243 is not being forthright with the members. We deserve to know what we are voting on.

243; Just tell us; NO; you can not bump a 22.4 on a Saturday or Sunday. Tell us... NO; RPCDs are not guaranteed 40 hours while 22.4s ARE absolutely guaranteed 40 hours. Transparency. Maybe's or we don't knows does not suffice. Especially when there is actual concrete, not open to interpretation language regarding 22.4s 40 hour guarantees.

Hopefully we are not forced to file charges with the NLRB.

browned out

Our local had an arbitration decision it had won years ago that was taken away in the original supplement for day after thanksgiving. We got that back. Also, the original wouldn't allow FT employees to bid outside of classification. They changed that so we can bid any job again we are qualified for. That was all they changed after the first vote down.

That's a damn shame.

No change in the 22.4 language?

Were you able to get clear concise answers that are not open to interpretation regarding RPCD's rights to 40 hours, Right to bump a 22.4 on Sat or Sun, or any change that would allow a RPCD to bid on a Tues - Sat or Wed- Sun position if they are not able to get 40 on a M-friend schedule?

cashmeout

hurry up and ratify the others ...so I can get my retro check!...full-timers making plenty of money but us part-timers been getting :censored2:ed for years. Fters want to blame us Pters but haven't not once spoke up loudly for us. So hell no, we are not gonna help you. We don't give a :censored2: about voting or the union. The only thing we care about is our healthcare and what ever raise we can get, in that order. When you FTers start giving a :censored2: about us, we will start giving a :censored2: about your union and your contract. The way we see it is the union is not ours nor is the contract. That's you fulltimers BS. You guys kill me, on her complaining about making 40+ a hour with great benifits, and partimers are making $10.35 and a year wait for benefits. I understand the concept of put in your time but dam! You want that package car loaded correctly every morning right? At the very least you could have made a push for cutting that year in half. But no you complaining about 22.4 jobs only becuz it creates a 2nd tier driver. Well that 2nd tier pay sounds a whole lot better than what we getting now. It isn't the Union Reps it's all of you selfish as Fulltimers!!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
hurry up and ratify the others ...so I can get my retro check!...full-timers making plenty of money but us part-timers been getting :censored2:ed for years. Fters want to blame us Pters but haven't not once spoke up loudly for us. So hell no, we are not gonna help you. We don't give a :censored2: about voting or the union. The only thing we care about is our healthcare and what ever raise we can get, in that order. When you FTers start giving a :censored2: about us, we will start giving a :censored2: about your union and your contract. The way we see it is the union is not ours nor is the contract. That's you fulltimers BS. You guys kill me, on her complaining about making 40+ a hour with great benifits, and partimers are making $10.35 and a year wait for benefits. I understand the concept of put in your time but dam! You want that package car loaded correctly every morning right? At the very least you could have made a push for cutting that year in half. But no you complaining about 22.4 jobs only becuz it creates a 2nd tier driver. Well that 2nd tier pay sounds a whole lot better than what we getting now. It isn't the Union Reps it's all of you selfish as Fulltimers!!
Shove it. You want to make the real money then do a real job. Otherwise stfu.

Rack em

Made the Podium
@Rack em..maybe so but fulltimer have a lot to learn as well. Begining with the part-timers mentality!..We out number you so you better hope we don't start organizing ourselves and create our own agenda.
A lot of us full timers spent 5+ years working part time, so I think we have a pretty good idea of the part time "mentality". And seeing a strong organization of the part timers would be a beautiful thing, I would love to see it honestly.

cashmeout

@Rack em ...yes most of you full timers have put in over 5 years, but the problem is you all have forgotten where you've came from. Part-timers got sold out last contract and so we decided to not vote(which is a yes vote) and hopefully that will get your attention. instead of complaining about 22.4, you should have been pushing hard for $15/per and a shorter wait for benefits then we would have join the vote no. But you didn't you was concerned about 22.4, like you really care they won't be making drivers pay. Why should we believe you? serious question!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Boy you dumb ain’t ya.