Upstate and Western New York.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Our local had an arbitration decision it had won years ago that was taken away in the original supplement for day after thanksgiving. We got that back. Also, the original wouldn't allow FT employees to bid outside of classification. They changed that so we can bid any job again we are qualified for. That was all they changed after the first vote down.
So you must be in 449? Unfortunately, the rest of us will no longer receive holiday pay that day. Kind of odd since it is same supplement- but glad you folks kept it. Eventually their will be no days off.

What'dyabringmetoday???

hurry up and ratify the others ...so I can get my retro check!...full-timers making plenty of money but us part-timers been getting :censored2:ed for years. Fters want to blame us Pters but haven't not once spoke up loudly for us. So hell no, we are not gonna help you. We don't give a :censored2: about voting or the union. The only thing we care about is our healthcare and what ever raise we can get, in that order. When you FTers start giving a :censored2: about us, we will start giving a :censored2: about your union and your contract. The way we see it is the union is not ours nor is the contract. That's you fulltimers BS. You guys kill me, on her complaining about making 40+ a hour with great benifits, and partimers are making $10.35 and a year wait for benefits. I understand the concept of put in your time but dam! You want that package car loaded correctly every morning right? At the very least you could have made a push for cutting that year in half. But no you complaining about 22.4 jobs only becuz it creates a 2nd tier driver. Well that 2nd tier pay sounds a whole lot better than what we getting now. It isn't the Union Reps it's all of you selfish as Fulltimers!!
Easy tough guy- some full-timers went through same thing you are going through. Many realize the disparities. But think whatever you want to.

Staydryitsraining

Total YES votes: 642
Percentage YES: 34.78%
Total NO votes: 1204
Percentage NO:65.22%

Total Votes: 1846
Eligible Voters:3979

Turnout %: 46.39%

I continue to be disturbed by the 2/3 majority required if there is less than a 50% turnout.

The disturbing part is that we continue to fall short of the 50% turnout threshold.

At all levels we NEED to get more involvement from our membership.
There will never be a 50% turnout. Pters are over 50% and do not vote. A vote anywhere would need near 100 driver turnout plus a significant pt vote. Will never happen. The rule is bs.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
This thread delivers a whole lot of nothing.

Members don't vote.... and somehow, it's the Unions fault ?
Who cares. The ones who did vote. Gets to decide. If you don't vote you can't complain when others sent in their votes. The UNION just took that away from everyone. Now they can just write anything up. Send it out. Then say here is the new contract. The UNION sold out for the millions of UPS cash to survive. Democracy is no more for membership. Watch. Other unions will follow suit. The teamsters set up president for other I kind to tag on to.

JustDeliverIt

Who cares. The ones who did vote. Gets to decide. If you don't vote you can't complain when others sent in their votes. The UNION just took that away from everyone.

@BigUnionGuy This is the issue, right here. Should be a majority rules. If you want something changed then vote. You don't vote, can't complain what those who did take the time to form an opinion and voted choose.

The current system is set up for the IBT president to have the final call, not those who voted. That is wrong in my opinion.

There will never be a 50% turnout. Pters are over 50% and do not vote. A vote anywhere would need near 100 driver turnout plus a significant pt vote. Will never happen. The rule is bs.
I believe the term “the fix is in” was used at some point along the way during this whole fiasco. This post explains what that means.

cachmeifucan

We have to change the rules if we don't like them. Now the people in national know the rules if they don't vote they eat crow. I hate it but sometimes it has to get worse before it gets better. National was only a few thousand vote short of 50%. I don't blame pters it's the full time employee that should vote 100% and educate fellow employees. Most full-time employees eat good and make great money.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The current system is set up for the IBT president to have the final call, not those who voted. That is wrong in my opinion.

And it is set up that way for a reason.

We elected to join the IBT and to have them represent us and negotiate a contract on our behalf. This is why they represent us. We asked them to.

They should negotiate the best contract that they think they can get, for our benefit.

Whether this happened this time is up for debate, but the rules on voting are in place to keep a minority of the voting membership from overruling the IBT, who we elected to bargain for us.

If we don't like what they negotiated for us, then vote them, or the whole Union, out, and put someone, or something in place, that will represent us.

I doubt we can get the votes for that, though.