Where’s the broom?
Total YES votes: 642
Percentage YES: 34.78%
Total NO votes: 1204
Percentage NO:65.22%

Total Votes: 1846
Eligible Voters:3979

Turnout %: 46.39%

I continue to be disturbed by the 2/3 majority required if there is less than a 50% turnout.

The disturbing part is that we continue to fall short of the 50% turnout threshold.

At all levels we NEED to get more involvement from our membership.

bowhnterdon

Unbelievably. A second vote, and you have less vote. We wil NEVER get a fair shake with the 2/3 rule. I know Carey put it in, blah blah blah. Still unfair to people who care about the future

Rack em

Made the Podium
Unbelievably. A second vote, and you have less vote. We wil NEVER get a fair shake with the 2/3 rule. I know Carey put it in, blah blah blah. Still unfair to people who care about the future
It is my understanding that they aren't required to even use the 2/3 rule, but the union can if they want?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Not BS.

Pathetic voting turn out screws up the democratic process.

Perfectly fair IMO.
How is it fair to screw over the member who care enough to vote? 65% of the people who actually care voted NO, yet they get screwed over because of the lazy POS who couldn't even bother to vote? I would call that less than fair.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Members who don't vote should get out.

Make room for people who appreciate Unionism and what and who it stands for and vote.

Vote no if they want, just vote.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How is it fair to screw over the member who care enough to vote? 65% of the people who actually care voted NO, yet they get screwed over because of the lazy POS who couldn't even bother to vote? I would call that less than fair.
All of these supplements will be crushed out, just like last time. Better to focus your energy on the next contract and any elections that come along in between.

DOK

Total YES votes: 642
Percentage YES: 34.78%
Total NO votes: 1204
Percentage NO:65.22%

Total Votes: 1846
Eligible Voters:3979

Turnout %: 46.39%

I continue to be disturbed by the 2/3 majority required if there is less than a 50% turnout.

The disturbing part is that we continue to fall short of the 50% turnout threshold.

At all levels we NEED to get more involvement from our membership.

Or do away with the stupid rule.