Upstate and Western New York.

F

Frankie's Friend

I am sorry that your rank and file are so weak. You should be mad about the nonvoters not at the Teamsters Organization.
And trolls like you that come on here to..
tenor-12.gif

Indecisi0n

Total YES votes: 642
Percentage YES: 34.78%
Total NO votes: 1204
Percentage NO:65.22%

Total Votes: 1846
Eligible Voters:3979

Turnout %: 46.39%

I continue to be disturbed by the 2/3 majority required if there is less than a 50% turnout.

The disturbing part is that we continue to fall short of the 50% turnout threshold.

At all levels we NEED to get more involvement from our membership.
That or change that stupid rule .

How Now Brown Cow

They should be encouraging people to vote, that is, unless it benefits them not to. They wouldn’t do that would they? /s

I just can't understand the low voter turnout.

I don't recall anybody locally encouraging people to vote. I suspect they wanted a low voter turnout so that it would be pushed through.

I don't get it. Vote the original offer down then spend 6 months fighting for a better offer ---then only 46% of eligible voters vote? Must be a lot of brain dead people out there.

I'm not sure they actually fought for anything better. They just gave us the same supplement that we where originally presented with the master and hoped for a yes vote this time.
I know there's plenty of people looking forward to a retro check and plenty of people who feel defeated after the way the national is pushed through. I know those are pretty crappy reasons to not vote, but I get where they're coming from

Integrity

Binge Poster
Like we need one more hurdle to jump einstein.
The voting oppression must have gone your way and for your scum friends that you "know".
It is Integrity not Einstein.

It is true. I do support the new contract.

Not a very nice way to talk about people.

I don't recall anybody locally encouraging people to vote. I suspect they wanted a low voter turnout so that it would be pushed through.

I'm not sure they actually fought for anything better. They just gave us the same supplement that we where originally presented with the master and hoped for a yes vote this time.
I know there's plenty of people looking forward to a retro check and plenty of people who feel defeated after the way the national is pushed through. I know those are pretty crappy reasons to not vote, but I get where they're coming from
That's sad.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Can anyone list the changes made in the second offer that weren't in the first offer that was voted down?

When I get time I will try and compare the number of eligible votes between the 2 offers. Any chance the IBT counted seasonal's as eligible voters in order to get the % below 50?