Upstate and Western New York.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Maybe the name.... carries some weight.

It's not going to be Fred Z from Local 89.

3rd lowest voting Local in the country.... when one of his subordinates get's elected

to the IBT Executive Board.

That's gotta be embarrassing.

-Bug-
It's good to see that you not only hate the members that once paid your way (supposedly) but your counterparts as well.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's good to see that you not only hate the members that once paid your way (supposedly) but your counterparts as well.
Well see how his attitude changes when Sean O’Brien gets into office in 18 months.....anyone can badmouth z all they want but the guy has heart..... and is 100x the Teamster that the clown Taylor is.... scumbag

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well see how his attitude changes when Sean O’Brien gets into office in 18 months.

When have I ever said anything negative about Sean O ?

anyone can badmouth z all they want but the guy has heart..... and is 100x the Teamster that the clown Taylor is.... scumbag

Fred Z is a turncoat.

He was a Hoffa loyalist for years.... until he was not appointed to the IBT executive

board when Walt L retired. He really began to cry when he was removed as the

carhaul director. Guess he really missed that extra perk. Now he has become

wise to the ways of exploiting the TDU fringe element for his benefit.

What's even funnier.... 99.9% of the members didn't even know who Denis T

was until Hoffa replaced Sean O as pkg car director.

-Bug-

upschuck

What's even funnier.... 99.9% of the members didn't even know who Denis T was until Hoffa replaced Sean O as pkg car director.
And gave him the benefit of the doubt, until this ongoing debacle of this contract. That is all I need to know.

IMO, it wasn't a horrible contract, but they way he is handling it, is horrid.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And gave him the benefit of the doubt, until this ongoing debacle of this contract. That is all I need to know.

IMO, it wasn't a horrible contract, but they way he is handling it, is horrid.

I get that.... I really do.

But, they followed the IBT constitution.

Sean O is on the GEB and Fred Z is President of one of the largest UPS local's

in the country and (aside from criticizing) neither one has filed any sort of charges.

upschuck

in the country and (aside from criticizing) neither one has filed any sort of charges.
Not a fan of Z, and O is so so, imo.

Whoever runs on a platform of not imposing contracts, will probably win, since that provision is not mandatory.

It’s easier to lead from the sidelines. Hard to make difficult decisions, and to actually follow through.

SameRightsForAll

Total YES votes: 642
Percentage YES: 34.78%
Total NO votes: 1204
Percentage NO:65.22%

Total Votes: 1846
Eligible Voters:3979

Turnout %: 46.39%

I continue to be disturbed by the 2/3 majority required if there is less than a 50% turnout.

The disturbing part is that we continue to fall short of the 50% turnout threshold.

At all levels we NEED to get more involvement from our membership.

So according to the IBT off-record any time you vote you're voting on a last and final offer, yet the contract doesn't say this. This is a sad attempt at a loophole when everybody knows it's a blatant wide open rule for the leaders to abuse their power. Loopholes are usually more crafty than this and written by very smart people knowing the reader won't catch it unless he uses a magnifying glass, but these guys.... wow.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So according to the IBT off-record any time you vote you're voting on a last and final offer, yet the contract doesn't say this. This is a sad attempt at a loophole when everybody knows it's a blatant wide open rule for the leaders to abuse their power. Loopholes are usually more crafty than this and written by very smart people knowing the reader won't catch it unless he uses a magnifying glass, but these guys.... wow.
Disagree.