browndevil

Total YES votes: 642
Percentage YES: 34.78%
Total NO votes: 1204
Percentage NO:65.22%

Total Votes: 1846
Eligible Voters:3979

Turnout %: 46.39%

I continue to be disturbed by the 2/3 majority required if there is less than a 50% turnout.

The disturbing part is that we continue to fall short of the 50% turnout threshold.

At all levels we NEED to get more involvement from our membership.
Amen Brother!

d3YQCPcckxQiYibe.gif

browned out

Oooh- you really showed me. What was that you asked about Teamcare? You really are an asset.

I thought BUG was a Teamster official. Is he ridiculing the Upstate NY Teamsters? The other supplement in NY still has to be voted on.

Not approved; just voted on. Even if 804 votes with 100% participation and votes it Down by 100%; Hoffa/Hall/Taylor can and most likely will force it thru anyhow. Local 89 voted it down by a large percentage last contract yet it was still forced thru.

I just have a funny feeling (that isn't so funny) that NLRB charges are forthcoming. The corrupt teamsteamroller is about to run out of steam.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Is this your theme song ?

You know.... all the big bad Teamsters from NY ?

It's just too funny, not to do this.

:biggrin:
You "claim" to be some sort of high ranking union official. Yet you continue to attack the very people that would pay your way if you in fact were some kind of union official. And you have the audacity to wonder why there is so much apathy within the rank and file? Perhaps a quick glance in a mirror? You really should try to get over yourself and stop pretending that you are someone that you are not. But you are right in one sense- our local is likely the weakest in the nation. I could go on about that but I already know what your response will be. Maybe someday Teamsters from New York will be big and bad- as you pretend to be.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I thought BUG was a Teamster official. Is he ridiculing the Upstate NY Teamsters? The other supplement in NY still has to be voted on.

Not approved; just voted on. Even if 804 votes with 100% participation and votes it Down by 100%; Hoffa/Hall/Taylor can and most likely will force it thru anyhow. Local 89 voted it down by a large percentage last contract yet it was still forced thru.

I just have a funny feeling (that isn't so funny) that NLRB charges are forthcoming. The corrupt teamsteamroller is about to run out of steam.
He pretends to be something he is not. But if it makes him feel good to be condescending to dues paying members, so be it. If he actually ever was an "official" you can bet that he was very friendly with management folks. He's proud to display plaques of his supposed forty years at UPS. That's about all that he has to display though.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You "claim" to be some sort of high ranking union official.

There you go, talking smack again.

What I have said....

I served half of my UPS career as an elected PT and FT Steward, Trustee,

and BA in my Local for multiple terms.

You can't even get the basics right.

Is he ridiculing the Upstate NY Teamsters?

Just @What'dyabringmetoday???

But you are right in one sense- our local is likely the weakest in the nation. I could go on about that but I already know what your response will be.

How can that be?

@browned out says his is.... because they are so corrupt.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

upschuck

It's nice to see.... we have some English majors.

Have you used that degree ?

@upschuck

What have you done ?
Actually, English was one of my worst subjects while in school, but that is elementary stuff, right there.

I have a BS in a science, but after a while, decided I didn't want to sit behind a computer all day, looking for nuances that aren't quite right. Money well spent, but at least I didn't have any loans to pay back.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Why u try so hard to be an a Hole?

I detest.... loudmouth "do nothing" people.

You use to be my favorite member here. Now I cringe when I read your posts....

It makes people uncomfortable.... when they get "called out".

I really try to post in the Union Forum.... informing members of their

contractual rights. But, some TDU people want to challenge me.

They always lose.

-Bug-