Upstate Got Hit By A Car

wayfair

swollen member
you should have saved company time by using your cell phone to call and let customer know that you had a COD delivery, before you left the building

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
From your wording, it sounds as if you were making a 2nd attempt on a COD in one day; why would you do that?

Because we are service providers. We provide service. We know our customers and which packages are important to them and which ones they might be waiting for. For example, dress shops that get gowns COD.

Could you have parked your truck in a way that would have prevented crossing the street on foot?

You apparently are not familiar with the revised methods. Since Orion, we're dispatched to cross busy multi-lane roads all day unnecessarily to save two tenths of a mile. Everything is fair game now. We can back with impunity all day long into residential driveways to make Orion dispatches work. /sarcasm off

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
But, you said you would make a second attempt on your pickup loop. Therefore requisite handling of said pkg, the second attempt and so on until the COD can be collected. Not counting also not standing around for the 10 minutes you mentioned at 30.72 waiting on someone to be free to take the delivery. So in effect your common sense method of making a second attempt upon return to the area plus the check being ready actually cost $.60 to make thereby actually saving the WE money overall.
Making service and taking care of a customer.......priceless.

upschuck

In my area, we are allowed 2 1/2 minutes for a COD stop... not 2 attempts and an accident
And it sounds as if Dave is doing it in that time. I don't see why he feels the need to sheet it up the first time if he knows he is not getting check, just give them the note and sheet up second time.

FilingBluesFL

We?

You donate the money earned during that second attempt to Jerry's Kids or something? :)

I did some CODs similar when I had my route if a customer was busy. Give them the notice and just check back in before I left the area.

There's a bridal dress place on one route that ALWAYS gets COD's...

I never have a problem with going back there twice in a day :funny:

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And it sounds as if Dave is doing it in that time. I don't see why he feels the need to sheet it up the first time if he knows he is not getting check, just give them the note and sheet up second time.

I sheet it up the first time in case something happens which does not allow me to go back.