using "rel num"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had already dropped the package into the rent payment slot because the DIAD prompted me to deliver to managers office. Couldn't get into the building so I was out of luck. Dumb move I admit. Two weeks later have not heard anything about it so not too worried.
You will be fine ...don't do it again though..lol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It happened to me once, I had a sig required, the dog in the yard next door charged me, I was not going back to get it, I threw it on the porch. I called in and told them what happened, they said come back by in a while and see if you can get to the porch and retrieve. I told them to come out and go retrieve it. They put some info in some system, and said good to go.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They are just :censored2: that tech companies run by 25 year olds are worth more than ups...Facebook apple Twitter airbnb..
They just said Facebook is now worth 300 billion....are you fing kidding me now worth more than GE...these tech companies are so full of hype ....suckerburg worth like 45 billion....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I was concerned about his instructions but how else could I get out of the signature required screen and move on. No way I was getting the package back until Monday when the manger shows up.
Prerecord and have the supervisor sign himself when return to building. Hindsight is 20/20 though I guess, I probably would have done the same thing.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Jesus, again, I fail to see why this job is so freaking difficult....No Dr Allowed. I mean, how hard is this to comprehend!?!?!? It's in there for a reason, which you don't need to worry about. Follow directions..........

I have two No DR addresses on my area. The consignees responsible for that have long since moved yet the OMS refuses to remove the No DR. Should the current residents be inconvenienced because those who lived there before them were thieves?

UPSGUY72

I have two No DR addresses on my area. The consignees responsible for that have long since moved yet the OMS refuses to remove the No DR. Should the current residents be inconvenienced because those who lived there before them were thieves?

You really make things a lot harder than they need to be you don't use the rel num soft key just use the override function.. Using the Rel Num soft key for a package that is not a shipper release package is called being dishonest as your saying the package was ok'd to be DR by the shipper, when in fact it wasn't... Using the override soft key you are saying I used my discretion and DR the package...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You really make things a lot harder than they need to be you don't use the rel num soft key just use the override function.. Using the Rel Num soft key for a package that is not a shipper release package is called being dishonest as your saying the package was ok'd to be DR by the shipper, when in fact it wasn't... Using the override soft key you are saying I used my discretion and DR the package...

No kidding.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Should UPS be liable for packages DRed there if someone is specifically targeting the house due to its location? If the residents are inconvenienced and want to override the no dr prompt they can do two things. First, they can call up UPS and fight with management to get it removed, your involvement isn't going to help. Secondly, if they sign up for my choice, they can override the no dr with a signature release. Either way, the customer can fix this problem themselves and you (or someone who can follow directions) won't be pulled into the office explaining why you failed to follow directions.