Vaccine Mandates, Teamsters caving?

hexmurph

My bet is that UPS will mandate it for non bargaining unit employees, or just mandate corporate office employees.

That way they get the headlines but dont rile up the drivers and hub rats

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Have never had any allergies whatsoever. Might catch a cold once every few years. Can even eat spoiled food without getting sick. Think I'll pass on your vaccine and continue to take my chances with the viwus.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I personally had Covid-19.

I have personally decided to get the Moderna vaccine.

Mandatory vaccines have been part of life as long as I can remember.

IMHO

Everyone including companies have a right to make informed decisions on this issue within the confines of their legal right to make such a decision and the information available.

Each one should then except the consequences of their decisions even if some of the consequences of the decision are as of now unknown.

SafetyFirst

The union is going to take the side of majority of members. If the majority of members are vaccinated/support vaccine mandates then there is your answer.

Personally I doubt UPS will even try to rock the boat in this way. I would bet as a company they'd probably prefer not to talk about who is and isn't vaccinated. We'll probably be wearing masks for quite a while though.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Who knows? Being 73 years old I would rather take my chances with being vaccinated than not being.
E9f-p1pVUBQXRPF (1).jpeg
E9f-ckgVUBk6zWF (1).png
E9f-inSVUAIGOBD.jpeg

Looks like we are being lied to again.

Staydryitsraining

My hope is there enough people with balls left at this company who would take a stand and refuse to get the shot. Considering how many people wouldn't even strike though I doubt it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The day they announce vaccine mandates you will see plenty of routes sitting in centers. How fast does UPS get backed up so bad to where they make it optional.
Yeah they will just emergency use PVD and not skip a beat. What you’re talking about is a potential wildcat strike, you won’t be supported nearly as much as you think, good luck!