Vaccine

moreluck

golden ticket member
StreeM20150124_low.jpg

wkmac

There are always assumptions that may or may not always be true.

As the number of confirmed cases in the recent California-centered measles outbreak continues to rise, some concern has spread about the handful of patients who were immunized against the disease but contracted it anyway.

This could be of particular concern to those vaccinated before 1989, which is when an outbreak caused by insufficient immunization among preschoolers led the government to revise its guidelines and advise that young children get two shots of the MMR vaccine (measles, mumps and rubella) instead of only one.

But according to the Centers for Disease Control, no vaccine is 100 percent effective, and Sperber said that 1 in 100 patients who have been fully vaccinated could still come down with the disease (though it may be a less-severe case).

Measles vaccination is not 100 percent effective

moreluck

golden ticket member
No vaccine is 100% effective....so let's not do any?

Nothing is for sure, for certain, 100 %....but I'll usually go with the odds when it comes to protection.

oldngray

nowhere special
That is like saying birth control isn't 100% effective. If you claim it isn't worth the trouble then don't whine if you get pregnant.

wkmac

Actually it seems to me that you can't blame the spread of measles solely on the so-called anti-vaccine movement. Among other things.

And nobody said anything about not doing vaccines. Another specious argument More.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Actually it seems to me that you can't blame the spread of measles solely on the so-called anti-vaccine movement. Among other things.

And nobody said anything about not doing vaccines. Another specious argument More.
So this is just a coincidence?

trickpony1

I don't know why someone would find post #12 "funny".....

There's no telling what is coming across our southern border.

I remember when we never heard anything about ebola.....now it is mentioned frequently.

Connect the dots.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I don't know why someone would find post #12 "funny".....

There's no telling what is coming across our southern border.

I remember when we never heard anything about ebola.....now it is mentioned frequently.

Connect the dots.
Yeah, ebola was like a fart in the wind here. Pundits telling us we had to close our borders or restrict travel from the affected countries or we would all be dead by summer.
Wouldn't doubt that more US citizens died from falling coconuts.

trickpony1

Yeah, ebola was like a fart in the wind here. Pundits telling us we had to close our borders or restrict travel from the affected countries or we would all be dead by summer.

It must be wonderful to be so smart.

If what you say is true then tell me more about why hospitals are equipping themselves with isolation facilities specifically designed for ebola patients.

BrownArmy

It must be wonderful to be so smart.

If what you say is true then tell me more about why hospitals are equipping themselves with isolation facilities specifically designed for ebola patients.

There's never been any serious 'ebola' threat in the US...

Did it occur to you to question why the PANIC in the 'news' about EBOLA stopped immediately after the Congressional elections?

trickpony1

....or the threat from ebola is becoming more prominent?

(notice how I answered your question with a question?)

(in response to wkmac)

BrownArmy

....or the threat from ebola is becoming more prominent?

(notice how I answered your question with a question?)

The threat from ebola, worldwide, is decreasing.

The threat from ebola, in terms of the US, is where it's always been, near zero.

In answer to your query, the threat from ebola is not becoming 'more prominent', either in this country or in the countries where ebola is actually a problem.