Valet - anyone’s station using this?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Someone should print that out that policy and put it in every manager’s inbox. Or tape it to the empty case where the schedule is supposed to be posted.

And that will lead to...

maybe I'm lucky in the fact that the schedule is up on Wednesday at noon-ish and is only taken down so the managers can change it while the couriers are away and put it back up by the time we come back to sta.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I never agreed or disagreed. I said the rule is that it's supposed to be posted by noon on Wednesday, and they post it at noon on Wednesday (then change it all around if needed).
What about the Saturday schedule? I didn’t see anything on that. When is it supposed to be posted by?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What will that do?

It might put a greater focus on following rules until a manager decides that he's going to hold his employees to the same standard (and stuffs their mailboxes full of policy documentation) and then they say maybe it's not such a big deal if the schedule is posted at 3PM instead of noon.

FedexGirl

Ok so no one’s station is using Valet yet? All I’ve got out of my mgr is ‘the truck line up will change’ and ‘couriers will have to check a computer each day before leaving to see if they are on the sort the next day’

Sounds like a mess

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ok so no one’s station is using Valet yet? All I’ve got out of my mgr is ‘the truck line up will change’ and ‘couriers will have to check a computer each day before leaving to see if they are on the sort the next day’

Sounds like a mess
Sounds to me like something else Fedex is making more complicated than it needs to be, like DRA.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Sounds like a mess
Not the way the system is supposed to work. Schedules are still to be posted weekly by Wednesday.
Your sort position can change each week based on your hours worked the previous week. One reason is to eliminate minimum hours pay. Another is to average hours worked equitably.
If courier A doesn’t have a sort position and get minimum hours pay, and courier B has a sort position and works 45 hours, courier A will get courier B sort position the next week. Valet allows that flexibility.

Oldfart

Not the way the system is supposed to work. Schedules are still to be posted weekly by Wednesday.
Your sort position can change each week based on your hours worked the previous week. One reason is to eliminate minimum hours pay. Another is to average hours worked equitably.
If courier A doesn’t have a sort position and get minimum hours pay, and courier B has a sort position and works 45 hours, courier A will get courier B sort position the next week. Valet allows that flexibility.
Excellent explanation. Some people want to call the system complicated when it isn't. They just have trouble grasping the intent.

FedexGirl

not yet, thank god. hopefully it just gets :censored2:canned before it shows up.
O

Still don’t like it - start time is the one thing I could count on not changing - I like being a late starter

Nolimitz

wonder how it will work with mixed DRA/SRA stations. Most newb's have never loaded/run an SRA route. My shuttle rte is 3 rtes in 1 truck another is 5-6. I see pkgs just chucked into trucks in the near future. Oh well longer fine sort times for all and later leave building... :robot:

HD219

I'm so confused. What's this schecsch everybody is talking about? Is that for the sorters and package handlers.
Drivers are going to have to start sorting their own packages?

fatboy33

Curious how this works
I don't know how this is going to be productive when Valet puts 30 year drivers into cans for morning sort. The flow rate will be disastrous. Young backs are needed to kneel and pick up from the cans lol. We'll see how it goes. Oh and what about the station Queen? When valet takes her away from the doc sort and into the Cans LOL.

Star B

White Lightening
I don't know how this is going to be productive when Valet puts 30 year drivers into cans for morning sort. The flow rate will be disastrous. Young backs are needed to kneel and pick up from the cans lol. We'll see how it goes. Oh and what about the station Queen? When valet takes her away from the doc sort and into the Cans LOL.
You will see Workers comp claims rise. That's what happened when they "redid" our sort to put the handlers into the doc sort and the drivers into the cans.