Valet - anyone’s station using this?

Oldfart

Never seen anyone fired for sucking. You know it and i know it :happy-very:
We actually had a courier years ago that did get fired for sucking. This had to be close to 30 years ago, way before SPH was invented. He would turn a 6 hr day into a 9 hour day and this was on his everyday route. When he was off, others could run his route in nearly half the time. He was disciplined over and over and finally was terminated. The only reason I know why he was terminated is because he actually tried to rally the other couriers to have a "sick out" to force management to give him his job back. He would find us on road and tried to get us to support his cause and actually showed us his various disciplinary papers. None mentioned accidents, attendance, punctuality or any other usual causes for termination. They all documented job performance. The guy was basically stealing from the company due to his lack of job skills and constant overtime. He got no support from other couriers and eventually just went away.

MAKAVELI

He turned down $20 million a year from the Pelicans (while he was still hurt!!) because he thought he could get significantly more in free agency; they then rescinded the offer. He received zero offers as an unrestricted free agent and had to call the Warriors and ask for work, who offered him $5 million for one year.

I know you want to spin this as though he made some brilliant human chess move (that's what Boogie likes to call it), but he ended up with the GSW because he bet the farm and lost.
Bet the farm and lost? LMFAO! He's on a team favored to win AGAIN, will get another offer from the Warriors or another team next year, and is not on that dumster fire you call an NBA team.:happy2:

dezguy

We actually had a courier years ago that did get fired for sucking. This had to be close to 30 years ago, way before SPH was invented. He would turn a 6 hr day into a 9 hour day and this was on his everyday route. When he was off, others could run his route in nearly half the time. He was disciplined over and over and finally was terminated. The only reason I know why he was terminated is because he actually tried to rally the other couriers to have a "sick out" to force management to give him his job back. He would find us on road and tried to get us to support his cause and actually showed us his various disciplinary papers. None mentioned accidents, attendance, punctuality or any other usual causes for termination. They all documented job performance. The guy was basically stealing from the company due to his lack of job skills and constant overtime. He got no support from other couriers and eventually just went away.
No one cares.

fatboy33

Stealing from the company and doing your best are two different statements altogether. We have a courier who comes in every evening the exact same time every night. It doesn't matter if on any one day the driver has 15 or so less stops. You can set your watch to is RTB. When on vacation, all the swings, including rookies, get back at least 30 minutes earlier than this driver. This driver is the very money hungry, cheap and stingy. We've had drivers pass away over the years and never once has he pitched in one cent when the collection for the family comes around. This driver is stealing money.
The employee who goes into the cans and his back gives on him and he must slow down, is doing his best. Two different employees altogether.

Star B

White Lightening
We have a courier who comes in every evening the exact same time every night. It doesn't matter if on any one day the driver has 15 or so less stops.

I'm hoping we're talking about a courier that isn't a rural BFE route. I've ran a rural BFE route where I can do 60 stops one day just fine and the next, struggle to get 45 off just because that's how they landed on the map.

Oldfart

I'm hoping we're talking about a courier that isn't a rural BFE route. I've ran a rural BFE route where I can do 60 stops one day just fine and the next, struggle to get 45 off just because that's how they landed on the map.
Nope. Dead center of town. This was so long ago we didn't even serve many of the rural zip codes. Dude was just lazy and needed to go.

TNT Frosty

We have this service here, but its more for parking the trucks up, or getting them unloaded when.. but only for drivers who start at 7am, mind you, the guys that do park/move the trucks to be unloaded, they have to walk back and forward, and so taking time, thats why its only a select number of trucks that do this.

In the morning, our leading hands move the trucks to their "Spots" so us truckers dont spend the good portion of 40min looking for trucks etc...

whenIgetthere

Nope. Dead center of town. This was so long ago we didn't even serve many of the rural zip codes. Dude was just lazy and needed to go.

We had one of those, finally retired last week. 80 stops, never more than four or five miles from the station, 11 hour days. Swings would run it in 7 hours a day.

fatboy33

No. This driver's RTE is 3 miles from the station. Rural routes we know vary day to day.

FedexGirl

You will see Workers comp claims rise. That's what happened when they "redid" our sort to put the handlers into the doc sort and the drivers into the cans.
You will see Workers comp claims rise. That's what happened when they "redid" our sort to put the handlers into the doc sort and the drivers into the cans.

My guess is they will protect their favorites, and the rest of us will bear the brunt -