Verbal abuse from supervisor

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would grow a pair and ignore them. Life is tough--get used to not having your Mommy call you sweetheart or darling all the time. Quit wasting the Unions time on this petty BS.
I agree but then someone comes in and blows the place up.

Overpaid Union Thug

Concerning the 800#......UPS owns
I would grow a pair and ignore them. Life is tough--get used to not having your Mommy call you sweetheart or darling all the time. Quit wasting the Unions time on this petty BS.
Everything after "grow a pair" is bad advice. Just ignoring them only results (maybe) in the sup backing off of the insults but invites more of the same from others. Filing grievances for harassment is not waisting the unions time. In fact, situations like these are perfect examples of what the union is for.

rod

Retired 22 years

Everything after "grow a pair" is bad advice. Just ignoring them only results (maybe) in the sup backing off of the insults but invites more of the same from others. Filing grievances for harassment is not waisting the unions time. In fact, situations like these are perfect examples of what the union is for.

Times are different I guess. Back when I was brought up with the old saying "stick and stones" blah blah blah we would have just told him to go friend himself.

The life of a PTer is to be abused daily.
Being a part timer as opposed to a package car driver where you can make mistakes all the time. I remember when I was a part timer I was as a tyrant to management. As a full timer I still dominate. Being part time goo to work try not to miss load. It's that easy.

Overpaid Union Thug

Times are different I guess. Back when I was brought up with the old saying "stick and stones" blah blah blah we would have just told him to go friend himself.

Exactly. But ignoring them is much like ignoring a bully. They will just move on to someone else. Both need to be dealt with but in a smart way that will benefit everyone.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But ignoring them is much like ignoring a bully. They will just move on to someone else. Both need to be dealt with but in a smart way that will benefit everyone.

I have always found it's best, to nip it in the bud.

No need to "pass the buck".... onto the next victim. It causes problems later.

Part-time supe's are below Union members, on the "totem pole of life" at ups.

Use it to your advantage. ;)

-Bug-

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It's all administered through a 3rd party.

Use it to your advantage. ;)
Yeah, not quite.

Like others mentioned, try to get a few others to file a grievance along with the 1800 line. Maximize the visibility this guy is going to get. If he's really talking to people like that he's trash and deserves to be digging ditches, not supervising people.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Like others mentioned, try to get a few others to file a grievance along with the 1800 line. Maximize the visibility this guy is going to get. If he's really talking to people like that he's trash and deserves to be digging ditches, not supervising people.

not quite.

Tell that.... to the "soon to be" ditch digger. :biggrin:

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He'll get fired because he treated people like crap. Not because Teamsters have some special powers over everybody.

If that thought helps (management) people sleep better, they should continue to think that.

On a serious note, why aren't part-time supe's considered "partners" anymore ?

Is it for the same reason.... full-time supe's aren't ?

I thought you people were a team.

Times change.

-Bug-

If that thought helps (management) people sleep better, they should continue to think that.

Are they not considered partners anymore? Curious as to what causes you to say this...

Overpaid Union Thug

It's all administered through a 3rd party.

Yeah, not quite.

According to our local's president the company that runs the 800 number is owned by UPS. LOL!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you say you filed and nothing happened. that doesn't make sense. how long ago did you file? did you give a copy to that idiots boss? what did he say? did your grievance go to pre panel yet?

like others have said, you would probably have no problem getting several other people to sign your next grievance. I would file everyday this person spoke to you like that.

call the 1-800 line. believe it or not that usually works very fast.

the first time this happened, you should of warned the supervisor that you would first go to his supervisor, file a grievance on every instance, and then call the 1-800 line.

if you conveyed this in a professional manner the problem would not exist now.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I don't need any help sleeping at night. I just find it humorous that so many think the union runs this company.

Times change.
I'm still very much part of a team. A word doesn't make a team, actions do.
According to our local's president the company that runs the 800 number is owned by UPS. LOL!
Well your local's president is wrong. If you go on the site it even says administered by our outside partners, The Network.

Overpaid Union Thug

He'll get fired because he treated people like crap. Not because Teamsters have some special powers over everybody.
Their special power is that they can initiate a grievance process to deal with the wrongdoings by UPS. Issues such as harassment, which can (and does) lead to workplace violence, are taken very seriously. Especially after what happened in Alabama.