Very interesting

2z9cvtj.jpg

-Bug-
image.jpg
A strong presence of the force I sense in you.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you left, why would you come back? I just don't understand what could persuade someone to do a job they did for 30+ years knowing peak is the heaviest time of the year and miss time with family during the holidays. Gotta be desperate or lonely IMHO.

Ron Carey lives on

If our retirees came back, it would only be to screw with management. We will need these laughs this peak. I can see them now" 51 stops? Are you crazy? Driving about two miles away from center for coffee and doughnuts. It would be great

Sent using BrownCafe App

Packmule

That's what I'm thinking would happen. They would stick around just long enough to remember why they took early retirement, then walk away and hang us all out to dry.

Inthegame

If you left, why would you come back? I just don't understand what could persuade someone to do a job they did for 30+ years knowing peak is the heaviest time of the year and miss time with family during the holidays. Gotta be desperate or lonely IMHO.
Another example of the delusional upper management thinking their employees will do anything for more money.

oldngray

nowhere special
If any retirees were bored (or desperate ) enough to work they would have absolutely no sense of urgency and would be guaranteed to move in slow motion. They would be stress free and under no pressure. What would UPS do? Fire them? :rofl:

Z

ZQXC

If any retirees were bored (or desperate ) enough to work they would have absolutely no sense of urgency and would be guaranteed to move in slow motion. They would be stress free and under no pressure. What would UPS do? Fire them? :rofl:

Love it. 25 minute pre-trip, stop at Waffle House for breakfast before the first delivery, bring back the 7 and 8 thousand sections.......

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
But they get to double dip.
Pension plus what they make.

Still not sure,how many takers,they are gonna get!
I think the double dipping depends on your state or local....I think it was Cachsux who posted in a diff thread that retirees in his hub who were asked to come back....their pension stops while they are working.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think the double dipping depends on your state or local....I think it was Cachsux who posted in a diff thread that retirees in his hub who were asked to come back....their pension stops while they are working.

If pension stops retirees might make less by working so what sane person would ever do that?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Probably dependent on location.

But, my letter was from the union and specifically the suspension will be waived for peak.

Inthegame

UPS has asked all pension plans to waive the suspension of benefits clause. Without the waiver, no one would come back. With the waiver, who knows why but a few odd balls might just bite...