Very interesting

raceanoncr

Hmmmm.....after 4 years...ain't even DROVE past the building...and it's right on the way to my fav watering hole!

Call me back? I don't think so, Tim.

Go back if called? What part of "Shove it up your %&*# don't you understand?"

Need to go back? I thought that's why I retired. I don't need the money.

Want to for old time sake? I'm kinda busy...for old times sake.

Lonely? Need I respond?

Bored? After, almost, 60 years (32 years with UPS) of working for a living, do I have
other projects that need tending? YOU figger it out.

BUT...to each his/her own, I guess. We have em here. They'd JUMP at the chance. Me? I'd JUMP at the chance to tell em, "NO friend*&^ING WAY".

Do I make myself clear?

llamainmypocket

I got a letter yesterday from my pension fund that stated between 8/1/14 and 1/15/15 suspension of pension will be waived in the event I work for a participating employer.

UPS has to be worried about peak if they talked the union into allowing retirees to come back without penalty.
I would think it would actually have the opposite result because they've taken the risk out of retiring too early. I understand there is some doubt about pensions, or has that been fixed?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hmmmm.....after 4 years...ain't even DROVE past the building...and it's right on the way to my fav watering hole!

Lonely? Need I respond?

Bored? After, almost, 60 years (32 years with UPS) of working for a living, do I have

BUT...to each his/her own, I guess. We have em here. They'd JUMP at the chance. Me? I'd JUMP at the chance to tell em, "NO friend*&^ING WAY".

Do I make myself clear?
Do you own any articles of brown colored clothing? Lmao

By The Book

Lonely? Need I respond?

Do I make myself clear?
I think all the unions should say this topic is not up for discussion. The company should plan/hire/train all the employees from their current lists in all buildings that they need.............. The employees waiting to move up are getting screwed!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think the double dipping depends on your state or local....I think it was Cachsux who posted in a diff thread that retirees in his hub who were asked to come back....their pension stops while they are working.
Probably dependent on location.

But, my letter was from the union and specifically the suspension will be waived for peak.
UPS has asked all pension plans to waive the suspension of benefits clause. Without the waiver, no one would come back. With the waiver, who knows why but a few odd balls might just bite...

I haven't heard anything about this.

Waiving "re-employment" rules.... Umm, OK.

But, not to come back to UPS.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think all the unions should say this topic is not up for discussion. The company should plan/hire/train all the employees from their current lists in all buildings that they need.............. The employees waiting to move up are getting screwed!

We are only talking 30 days at best.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-128.jpeg
......said everyone, this coming holiday season!!