Veterans Day observance and pay

JL 0513

What about Black Friday? Is that a holiday for you?

Yea, actually. And if I remember correctly, that may be the 3rd working holiday (OT rate + holiday). It just became a required work day 2 years ago. I can't remember if we got OT rate last year.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Yea, actually. And if I remember correctly, that may be the 3rd working holiday (OT rate + holiday). It just became a required work day 2 years ago. I can't remember if we got OT rate last year.
We get holiday pay plus double time for that one. You get 1 1/2?

JL 0513

Why would you get time and a half when it is not a holiday?

Straight time plus 8 hours for Saturday.

That's the question. Friday isn't technically the holiday but it's the observed day relating to employment which is why millions of people actually get next Friday off. So it's conceivable that UPS would treat Friday as Veterans day.

JackStraw

We get election day as an optional holiday. You can elect to take off that day and get paid 8 hrs or, you can select any day as an "election day pay' and receive double time for all hours worked plus 8 hours. No veterans day or Columbus day though.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Unless the contract states you get paid for it falling on a Saturday, UPS isn't going to conceive it as Veterans day.

They are not going to pay you extra out of the goodness of their hearts.
That’s surprising, they do so many other things out of the goodness of their heart!!!