VIDEO RELEASE (9/1/18) VOTE NO

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

:hesaidsmiley: :youreright::goodpost:
38845697_232336230810696_4076948614251806720_n.jpg

Attachments

• 223-vs-224s.jpg
    223-vs-224s.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 247

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I know this is going to be unpopular.
I'm voting NO for different reasons, not because of the 22.4.

You are all fixated on "a moment in time" where a 22.4 driver will make less than a RPCD.
UPS can not hire outsiders for open RPCD jobs, they have to promote the senior 22.4 driver.
There is a continuous need for RPCDs (retirement,feeders,quitting,injuries,shift to 22.3).
A 22.4 will have already proven him/herself capable and can't be disqualified.

We all made our bed in this when we cried about excessive OT and not wanting to work weekends.
Well, enjoy those saltines without water because we got what we asked for.

My issue is with the lack of 9.5 protection and the shoddy language used such as "if work is available".
If it gets voted down, I hope DT will be smart enough to shore up the language.
We all know the 22.4 will not be coming out nor will they go on strike over it.
The moral of the story is to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Dulce Bombón

I know this is going to be unpopular.
I'm voting NO for different reasons, not because of the 22.4.

You are all fixated on "a moment in time" where a 22.4 driver will make less than a RPCD.
UPS can not hire outsiders for open RPCD jobs, they have to promote the senior 22.4 driver.
There is a continuous need for RPCDs (retirement,feeders,quitting,injuries,shift to 22.3).
A 22.4 will have already proven him/herself capable and can't be disqualified.

We all made our bed in this when we cried about excessive OT and not wanting to work weekends.

My issue is with the lack of 9.5 protection and the shoddy language used such as "if work is available".
If it gets voted down, I hope DT will be smart enough to shore up the language.
We all know the 22.4 will not be coming out nor will they go on strike over it.
The moral of the story is to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

You got an excellent point. People dont focus in little things. Wording means everything in this contract. People Focus on money, but later the consequences they will get its because we dont read the fineprints. Then if something happens. Its our fault for not reading carefully. At the end, who its winning? UPS. Vote No.
ups1.jpg

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Can’t wait to see the look on fellow drivers faces when they are working 35hrs a week...I guess buying that brand new house and $60k pickup truck wasn’t a good idea after all.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Can’t wait to see the look on fellow drivers faces when they are working 35hrs a week...I guess buying that brand new house and $60k pickup truck wasn’t a good idea after all.

Things are going to get more interesting at Local 671.
We have to average 160 hours a month over a 3 month period to have health insurance.
In layman's terms, you can't take more than 5 unpaid days off in a 3 month period or you will lose your insurance.

With the "if work is available" language, a lot of people will be in jeopardy to get their 40 hours in a week.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
There would be videos of this fat old man doing back flips across the parking lot if my hours were cut to 35-40 hours. IMO the Company will continue cutting routes to the bone,and loading up the people working. The 22.4's will get abused no doubt,as will everyone else. The Company has proven they would rather pay OT and Grievance pay than putting routes in. Meet the New Boss,Same as the Old Boss

We have to average 160 hours a month over a 3 month period to have health insurance.
In layman's terms, you can't take more than 5 unpaid days off in a 3 month period or you will lose your insurance.

With the "if work is available" language, a lot of people will be in jeopardy to get their 40 hours in a week.
That’s a very weak supplement.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
That’s a very weak supplement.
That sucks. We only need one punch a week.
40 compensated hours (sick pay, option pay, vacation pay, funeral pay, jury duty pay, working pay) a month here.

That doesn't have anything to do with the supplement.
Our BA got sick of people taking dead days off and drivers getting called if they could stay home.
He wanted to put the onus on UPS putting in the correct amount of routes every day.

He may have to go back to our old way of calculating it if the soft language in the contract gets voted through.

Dulce Bombón

Most people dont read. Thats the real problem. They put all those fancy words in the contract, most dont analyzed nothing. Employees only see the pay rates. The Stewards gave us fliers about the "great pay raises". They are not affected at all. Most of them, are full timers, 22.3, years in the company in the hub. They dont have to deal with 22.4 (combo jobs, part-timers), or 22.4 (hybrid, new kid from the block). This is dividing us. Vote No!!

Our BA got sick of people taking dead days off and drivers getting called if they could stay home.
He wanted to put the onus on UPS putting in the correct amount of routes every day.

He may have to go back to our old way of calculating it if the soft language in the contract gets voted through.
So his answer was to take health insurance away?

Dulce Bombón

They need to eliminate that Convertion Chart also (hundreds), for some reason we are always short on our paychecks. Every week is something new they need to be corrected. I bet no one is paying attention to it.

Dulce Bombón

Thats what Im repeating myself and to others employees. Please, read the "UPS CONTRACT LANGUAGE" that's why this is making this contract a Vote No, UPS is using this as a backup, if you dont make your 40 a week, they will take your contract in your face and said "oh well, the contract said "if work is available" so nothing is guaranteed. They will used 22.4 to finished RPCD jobs for less ($). Employees eyes are only in the $$$. Well, pay the consequences, and stop complaining if this contract goes through. My recommendation is VOTE NO.

38845697_232336230810696_4076948614251806720_n.jpg

1whofan

There would be videos of this fat old man doing back flips across the parking lot if my hours were cut to 35-40 hours. IMO the Company will continue cutting routes to the bone,and loading up the people working. The 22.4's will get abused no doubt,as will everyone else. The Company has proven they would rather pay OT and Grievance pay than putting routes in. Meet the New Boss,Same as the Old Boss
Hopefully we won't get fooled again....

babboo25

Banned
Still have a 40 hour guarantee, funny how most complained about excessive OT now they’re worried about getting 40, careful what you wish for I guess.

1whofan

Thats what Im repeating myself and to others employees. Please, read the "UPS CONTRACT LANGUAGE" that's why this is making this contract a Vote No, UPS is using this as a backup, if you dont make your 40 a week, they will take your contract in your face and said "oh well, the contract said "if work is available" so nothing is guaranteed. They will used 22.4 to finished RPCD jobs for less ($). Employees eyes are only in the $$$. Well, pay the consequences, and stop complaining if this contract goes through. My recommendation is VOTE NO.

View attachment 210484
I am a NO vote to it amazes that all the members see is the $4.15 for 5 years or the $400 increase to the pension on 1/2020...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Most people dont read. Thats the real problem. They put all those fancy words in the contract, most dont analyzed nothing. Employees only see the pay rates. The Stewards gave us fliers about the "great pay raises". They are not affected at all. Most of them, are full timers, 22.3, years in the company in the hub. They dont have to deal with 22.4 (combo jobs, part-timers), or 22.4 (hybrid, new kid from the block). This is dividing us. Vote No!!

How long have you been a part-timer ?

They need to eliminate that Convertion Chart also (hundreds), for some reason we are always short on our paychecks. Every week is something new they need to be corrected. I bet no one is paying attention to it.

Yeah....

Math is hard.

https://aurorak12.org/hr/timecard/Conversion.pdf