Viewpoints for new contract, what's in-store?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's hard to cap the majority of feeder runs at 8 hours. There are some, TDP, yard jobs, etc, but there are also many that are 10-11 hour jobs that cannot be cut to 8 without hiring a crap load of drivers.

And it is also cheaper to pay OT than it is to hire more drivers, pay their benefits, and keep everyone at 8 hours.

Maybe some, but that is the exception. Most feeder jobs are 5 days.

Deal with the exceptions instead of forcing 4 10's.
Most drivers couldn't live on 40 hours a week... no way in hell... I don't want 60 but it would be real tough to only get 40...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Most drivers couldn't live on 40 hours a week... no way in hell... I don't want 60 but it would be real tough to only get 40...

It used to be that 40 hours paid the bills and bought the toys.

Unless you are really disciplined, the more you make the more you spend.

Now, 40 hours pays the bills, OT buys the toys.

I, like you, do not need or want 60 hours. A good compromise is around 50.

And 50 hours in feeders, is like 30 hours in packages. Just away from the house, but easy work.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

Similar raises to the last two contracts, a push to make us pay some on health care ( which should not happen and will lead to strike). Doing away with language for time and half and double pay for Black Friday. Stronger language on 9.5 violations
"Doing away with language for time and a half" huh?

Just on Black Friday you must mean, correct?

ManInBrown

In some areas, especially Louisville, there were other issues. What the IBT did was unfair, and in my opinion a violation of the IBT Constitution. The contract should never have been imposed.
Like a lowly center manager has any input or say in the contract. My center manager can't even take a whiz without asking permission

Appvol

I think anything over 9hrs should be double time.If they are willing to work you 9,10,and 11hr a day they should really have to pay us.I bet you wouldn't even need the 9/5 list.

22.34life

The company will want no medical benefits for p/t hired in the next contract in exchange for a$15/hr starting pay.the company will want black Friday taken out of the contractual Holliday list.will they get it,have to wait and see.i want no more split raises and Christmas day added to the Holliday list.their is also a lot of language I would like to see changed or be more clear and consise.would like to see 15 minute break for p/t instead of 10.we also need language regarding cell phones in facilities.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think if you are fired, leave on your own, or retire you get to cash out ALL of your unused vacation AND sick hours, no matter if it is 10 hours or 10000...many of us have language which stAtes you only get 1/2 if you leave which is not ok... you have put the time in and should have the right to get paid for all of it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The company will want no medical benefits for p/t hired in the next contract in exchange for a$15/hr starting pay.

Maybe.

the company will want black Friday taken out of the contractual Holliday list.

i want no more split raises

You can't always get, what you want.

Christmas day added to the Holliday list.

It already is.

would like to see 15 minute break for p/t instead of 10..

I'm good with that.

we also need language regarding cell phones in facilities.

You can get a sticker from UPS security, to carry your phone into the facility.

Unless it's a life or death emergency;

Please tell me, you can wait.... until you're done working.... to check Facebook or text someone.

Wow.

-Bug-

anHOURover

Maybe.

It already is.

I'm good with that.

Please tell me, you can wait.... until you're done working.... to check Facebook or text someone.

Wow.

BUG YOU ARE SO OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE RANK ANF FILE !
Fact

rudy5150

The company will want no medical benefits for p/t hired in the next contract in exchange for a$15/hr starting pay.the company will want black Friday taken out of the contractual Holliday list.will they get it,have to wait and see.i want no more split raises and Christmas day added to the Holliday list.their is also a lot of language I would like to see changed or be more clear and consise.would like to see 15 minute break for p/t instead of 10.we also need language regarding cell phones in facilities.
15 an hour and no benefits....your joking right? By the end of next contract $15 an hour will be minimum wage. Cant wait to see the high quality workers Ups brings if that ever went through

anHOURover

Maybe.

It already is.

I'm good with that.

Wow.

-Bug-
MR KNOW IT ALL SPEAKS AGAIN.
YOU ARE A SELL OUT
DARE YOU TO STEP FOOT IN 623 SO I CAN PUT YOU ON YOUTUBE.
YOU SHOULD RETIRE LIKE THE WHITE SLOB FROM DELAWARE
FACT

Attachments

• IMG_2921.JPG
    IMG_2921.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 96