VIP gift pass

dirty moose

Did anyone else receive their $75 3 month no accident and no injury award?
They handed us a sheet of paper with a code on the bottom, using that code to redeem your award.

I choose the $75 gift card, this week (a week after i got the card) theres is a $75 deduction in my paycheck for it.

anyone else have this deducted from their check?

Dutch Dawg

I'm not eligible, but here's the thing. UPS is required to post that $ as wages and as such they in turn are required to withhold from those wages. If that's not acceptable to you, perhaps you'll have lower your future expectations and settle for the T shirts or Caps handed out.

dirty moose

my thinking is they added, your wage x how many hours to make 75 dollars
and added it to your wage, then deducted it on the other side, thusly all would be equal, youd still be up the 75 dollars and no tax liablity

ahhhhh, that makes sense! thank you very much for the explanation!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The last poster is correct.
It is just like when they put money on your UPS card for sale leads.
Has to be counted as income.

scoobypanda

The government implemented a new corporate tax law 2 years ago. Any gift or reward that does not have a company logo on it, must be taxed. You receive the 75 gift pass, they add 75 to your income, tax comes to between 5.70 and 6.15 depending on your withholding. The remaining 69 is yours.
Last year our center received $4000 in safety money for the year. Our first quarter under the new program yielded $5025. Now the whole center does not lose out when one guy runs over a mailbox.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sales leads are added to your income and UPS also pays the taxes that would be associated with your award so that you receive the net award that you are entitled to.

My last sales lead award was $632.50. UPS added $1,022.84 to my income and paid the $390.34 in taxes so that I received $632.50, which looks really good up on my bedroom wall (32" LCD Flat Screen TV)

wornoutupser

Did anyone else receive their $75 3 month no accident and no injury award?
They handed us a sheet of paper with a code on the bottom, using that code to redeem your award.

I choose the $75 gift card, this week (a week after i got the card) theres is a $75 deduction in my paycheck for it.

anyone else have this deducted from their check?

What the heck is this? I have never heard of this! I am in Florida.

TSup

Which part of the country are you in? No news on that in Florida.

It's done differently everywhere. Some centers take the money and do cookouts. Some don't get any because their center had an injury or accident. And some may not do this type of program at all.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you go a year without an injury you get $10 from the UPS catalog. If you get injured you get 6oo bucks a week tax free. ????