virtual check rides? On topic please

McFeely

Huge Member
Any horror stories to share yet?

Not yet, but my manager said that as of this week he still doesn't have access. I'm expecting the reports to be printed out and in my box daily though. At least then I can put a dot on the map where the train stopped me, where the approved gas station is, and where the 13:00 close oncall was that caused me to break route.

542thruNthru

View attachment 218190
This is a ups website ya maroon

73e.gif

!Retired!

Yeah, I've had dispatch already message me "you really need to start heading to that pup.... otherwise you won't make it in time". In other words, they're watching.
You don't need GPS for that. Also, I find it weird that a dispatcher has time to track one courier...unless he/she was told to.

Star B

White Lightening
You don't need GPS for that. Also, I find it weird that a dispatcher has time to track one courier...unless he/she was told to.
With the route I was running and how I was running it (SRA jungle route), there was no way for them to know where I was or how I was planning on doing the PUP.

This was also when the GPS stuff was new and it wasn't really integrated into the fleet much, so it was shiny and there weren't that many trucks to watch. I know it sounds far-fetched but it seems pretty damned coincidental that dispatch just 'knew' where I was.

!Retired!

With the route I was running and how I was running it (SRA jungle route), there was no way for them to know where I was or how I was planning on doing the PUP.

This was also when the GPS stuff was new and it wasn't really integrated into the fleet much, so it was shiny and there weren't that many trucks to watch. I know it sounds far-fetched but it seems pretty damned coincidental that dispatch just 'knew' where I was.
They can look at your IIB23 and 'see' where you are. They also didn't know what stops you have or, as you said, how you were running your route. My guess is they 'guessed'.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The GPS pinging the PP and vehicle every minute that was "supposed" to be for Eng. eyes only, is now in the hands of mgrs. Here it is actively being monitored and reported up/down the chain of command.
Any horror stories to share yet?

It was "supposed" to be accessible to engineers only in the initial stages of each rollout (Powerpad and truck) in order to work the bugs out.

MAKAVELI

They can look at your IIB23 and 'see' where you are. They also didn't know what stops you have or, as you said, how you were running your route. My guess is they 'guessed'.
Management could be watching that courier and instruct Dispatch to send that message. I here management is a giddy as teenage girls with this new tool for harassment.

Oldfart

Maybe the noob had an oncall for the mall address with no store/kiosk number and he decided to try and find the location??
The post said he had cleared and was supposed to return to the bldg.

What fool would walk around a mall if the pickup had no store info. He would have caught that when the pu was dispatched and done an 03 or have dispatch research it.

Oldfart

Management could be watching that courier and instruct Dispatch to send that message. I here management is a giddy as teenage girls with this new tool for harassment.
When you dont do your job a manager is more likely to harass you. Seems like you should be used to it by now.

Star B

White Lightening
Nah. My manager is LONG gone by that time of day. I don't want to say too much but I've seen normal rank and file playing with truck GPS websites, so I'm sure Dispatch was keeping an eye on it.

MAKAVELI

Nah. My manager is LONG gone by that time of day. I don't want to say too much but I've seen normal rank and file playing with truck GPS websites, so I'm sure Dispatch was keeping an eye on it.
If you are not in the station, how do you know he's long gone? Trust me this new tool is being used by every manager. They might even be able to access from home.

floridays

Maybe you were just the "focus" topic for the week?

floridays

The post said he had cleared and was supposed to return to the bldg.

What fool would walk around a mall if the pickup had no store info. He would have caught that when the pu was dispatched and done an 03 or have dispatch research it.
What's saying he didn't with no response.