Volume drop

enzo

If a majority of the local supplements are voted down will customers start to panic? If november rolls around without a contract we might see major shippers like Amazon start to divert volume!!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Does it have to be strike or nothing? Are you saying there's nothing to be gained anymore with diplomacy?

Diplomacy? Did you miss the letter from hall where he told us to shove it up our rear ends, because he wasnt going to renegotiate the master?

If by diplomacy, you mean, open the talks once again and address all the issues of the members, then I think we would all agree. But by diplomacy, you mean, just take what they gave us and shut up, then maybe a strike is just what the doctor ordered.

WE the members control the union and direct them to serve us, not the other way around.

Peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If a majority of the local supplements are voted down will customers start to panic? If november rolls around without a contract we might see major shippers like Amazon start to divert volume!!!!

​Shippers and the general public don't understand the supplement process. All they know is that the contract passed and it was for 5 years.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax I know this is off topic. What is MIP I hear you say it a lot! please explain it to this non management person.

It is a nebulous and ethereal bonus plan where UPS management gets a bonus at the end of the year based upon the success of UPS and also the individuals contribution to the success of the company.

UPS tells new hires they will get 17% their annual salary but that has not happened lately. No one seems to understand how it is actually calculated.

It is a nebulous and ethereal bonus plan where UPS management gets a bonus at the end of the year based upon the success of UPS and also the individuals contribution to the success of the company.

UPS tells new hires they will get 17% their annual salary but that has not happened lately. No one seems to understand how it is actually calculated.
Thankyou! Now I understand

kingOFchester

Its a quadratic equation.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

You write that like it's a good thing. Maybe if the NMA had been voted down nation-wide, I would agree with you. But it passed by 52% and IBT had no intention of striking once the TeamCare proposal was accepted by the company and ratified by the membership (the NMA cannot be re-opened once ratified per the IBT constitution); had UPS refused to roll over the workers in the company plans into a Taft-Hartley plan, we might already be out on the street.

kingOFchester

That I understand ... that concept was much easier to me than Calculus.
​Other way around for most people.

This is why Obama got elected. People understand Calculus. That is the change part of the "Hope and change".

Still trying to figure how hope is calculated.

Diplomacy? Did you miss the letter from Ken H where he told us to shove it up our rear ends, because he wasnt going to renegotiate the master?

If by diplomacy, you mean, open the talks once again and address all the issues of the members, then I think we would all agree. But by diplomacy, you mean, just take what they gave us and shut up, then maybe a strike is just what the doctor ordered.

WE the members control the union and direct them to serve us, not the other way around.

Peace

TOS
I think you have serious psychiatric problems. We could have gotten everything you ever wanted and you would still want more. I pray that the members of your local never put you in office. We have a guy in our region just like you out of local 100. He is a laughing stock and a pariah amongst his peers and the company. Nothing gets done and nothing goes anywhere. Good luck

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is why Obama got elected. People understand Calculus. That is the change part of the "Hope and change".

Still trying to figure how hope is calculated.

I think you divide change by feelings and that equals hope. Remember, this is Liberal Democrat math so the outcome is variable so as not to hurt self esteem. There are no "right" answers only feelings and emotion, no matter how devastating the outcome.

kingOFchester

I think you divide change by feelings and that equals hope. Remember, this is Liberal Democrat math so the outcome is variable so as not to hurt self esteem. There are no "right" answers only feelings and emotion, no matter how devastating the outcome.

HAHA.

I call this dependent variables and consequently, presumed effect.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I happen to have the confidential UPS Internal document detailing how MIP is calculated:

carrot-and-stick-2.jpg
carrot-and-stick-2.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think you have serious psychiatric problems. We could have gotten everything you ever wanted and you would still want more. I pray that the members of your local never put you in office. We have a guy in our region just like you out of local 100. He is a laughing stock and a pariah amongst his peers and the company. Nothing gets done and nothing goes anywhere. Good luck

TOS has not got what he wants which is a job with the local Teamster's as an Officer.
​That's what his posts are all about.