Volume this week

dezguy

We are struggling with the volume we have seen. PTers don't want to stay any later than their minimums and freight gets left behind, burned and hopefully out for delivery the next day.

Management keeps telling us we're keeping up but you can see the concern starting to build.

Purplepackage

On top of the volume, we are down have enough power pads and we still have people off tomorrow. Also had a guy walk off the belt Friday because management took his reach and replaced it with a van.

Safe to say my manager was frantically calling him when he realized he wasn’t coming back

Star B

White Lightening
oh yeah, our FO drivers are required to hand sheet unless they are going out on a second route. We also had a guy walk off the belt when management decided to switch him from his regular assigned route to a route he used to cover because the Swings can't figure it out due to not being trained on it.

You would think with all these stations switching to the new ppads that they'd have extra inventory of the old ones for spares to go thru the network...hah.

Purplepackage

oh yeah, our FO drivers are required to hand sheet unless they are going out on a second route. We also had a guy walk off the belt when management decided to switch him from his regular assigned route to a route he used to cover because the Swings can't figure it out due to not being trained on it.

You would think with all these stations switching to the new ppads that they'd have extra inventory of the old ones for spares to go thru the network...hah.

It really can’t get much worse until the volume starts to truly overwhelm us, which management has assured us won’t happen because it’s going to be light this week

BoxDriver

Have any Express switched over to the new ones yet? I’ve only heard Ground having them so far, and only the contractors that are paying for them. Other Ground guys are still using the old ones.

El Morado Diablo

Have any Express switched over to the new ones yet?

We've been using them for a few weeks now. Each station was supposed to keep a certain number of power pads on had after the switch over. That plan must have changed since we were told to send the last of ours in because other stations were having to sheet their deliveries.

McFeely

Huge Member
We're still using the old PPADs but I've seen a couple in our station with other station identifiers on the labels. I'm honestly glad we're not on the new ones right now with peak. I'd rather wait until the new year to get new equipment/software to adjust to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We're still using the old PPADs but I've seen a couple in our station with other station identifiers on the labels. I'm honestly glad we're not on the new ones right now with peak. I'd rather wait until the new year to get new equipment/software to adjust to.

...and to give them time to work out the bugs/kinks....

El Morado Diablo

There are some issues with the LEO's. Nothing major, but there are some things they are going to have to change. One of the problems we've had is not getting POD's at locations with multiple pkgs.

For example, you still get a residential release option when you've scanned all the packages. If you use it, it releases everything BUT the DSR packages. Nearly half our work group have released DSR packages without a signature. It isn't until later in the day that they see they still have a delivery at an address they've already been to that they realize what happened.

What they need to do is not give you a release option if any package requires a signature. I think most people would figure it out that one of them can't be released and then handle it from there.

The real problem with the LEO's is the lack of training. One hour of screen shots/walkthroughs simply isn't enough. It takes time to figure out where things are in the apps so they slow everyone down. It would have been better if they had rolled them out after peak.

Star B

White Lightening
For example, you still get a residential release option when you've scanned all the packages. If you use it, it releases everything BUT the DSR packages. Nearly half our work group have released DSR packages without a signature.

Does it not pop up and scream at you when you have an *SR package?

robdabanks

I have been using the zebra for over a month and love it. So much better than the old chunky scanner that would have to reboot twice a day and ate through batteries.