Volume this week

Just passed my building and looked like they were unloading a trailer into the building.

Is it normal to get a Sunday and Monday truck this time of year?

Purplepackage

Probably depends on the station. But since so much freight is flown Fri night, the ramps are just trying to stay ahead/caught up and dropping freight at stations early.

We get a truck this Sunday and next Sunday but I’m not sure if we get one Monday morning or not.

I’m pretty sure the hubs sort this whole weekend though

Purplepackage

Our station always gets a delivery on Sunday of some Monday and Tuesday freight. Nothing too unusual.

It changes by market and location I think. We only get a Sunday truck twice a year, usually we get 1 truck on Monday that comes in very early

But our start time tomorrow is ass early 0600, so I’m assuming they are expecting a 2 hour sort

Purplepackage

Coasting through my last peak as if it’s not peak at all.

Quick 70 stops, already ate my chili in the break room and home.

Heard it’ll be lighter tomorrow than it was today, life is good lol

Purplepackage

Isn’t this ultimately just going to hurt the small 3rd party business owner? If they didn’t want to ship with Fedex ground they wouldn’t, but obviously most of them don’t mind

Fedex will just find business from literally anywhere else

bbsam

Staff member
Isn’t this ultimately just going to hurt the small 3rd party business owner? If they didn’t want to ship with Fedex ground they wouldn’t, but obviously most of them don’t mind

Fedex will just find business from literally anywhere else
Maybe Bezos is just trying to drive the price down a bit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe Bezos is just trying to drive the price down a bit.

Does Jeffy even have the right to do this? Is it legal for a company, regardless of its size, to more or less dictate to its vendors/suppliers/third party sellers which carrier they can or cannot use? I can see if they establish a preferred carrier but I fail to see where they have the legal authority to tell anyone which carrier they can or cannot use.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I’m starting to get this rather dystopic feeling about Amazon.... like within the next decade we’re all going to become its bitch in one way or another. :crying:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’m starting to get this rather dystopic feeling about Amazon.... like within the next decade we’re all going to become its bitch in one way or another. :crying:
Imagine a world where Amazon has put all the grocery stores out of business and they control the food supply. “Those who control the food, control the people”.