Voluntary layoffs

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
...and your point....?

This is (was) my career. This is just a PT job for them. Damn right I am going to take care of me first.

I don't understand how this decision has anything to do with it being your career or them being PT. If someone is in the financial position to take a few weeks/months off to build a deck or just enjoy family time good for them...this is a temporary layoff and it's April!

I don't understand how this decision has anything to do with it being your career or them being PT. If someone is in the financial position to take a few weeks/months off to build a deck or just enjoy family time good for them...this is a temporary layoff and it's April!
they can lay me off for a couple weeks and I'll collect the enhanced unemployment

DRporch

I think your approach on sitting at home not working is a bit off. Imagine the low seniority drivers who are getting screwed right now being laid off. Someone with 20yrs who is well off does a favor to the low seniority driver and takes a voluntary layoff. Now that driver who should be making a bunch less is now working instead of being forced to sit home.

I see this as brotherhood. I see this as a guy who doesn’t need to work during this doing his part to ensure someone else is able to. I’d hate to know I chose to work to make a bit more money when I don’t need it and someone’s family is going hungry cause they can’t afford their bills.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think your approach on sitting at home not working is a bit off. Imagine the low seniority drivers who are getting screwed right now being laid off. Someone with 20yrs who is well off does a favor to the low seniority driver and takes a voluntary layoff. Now that driver who should be making a bunch less is now working instead of being forced to sit home.

I see this as brotherhood. I see this as a guy who doesn’t need to work during this doing his part to ensure someone else is able to. I’d hate to know I chose to work to make a bit more money when I don’t need it and someone’s family is going hungry cause they can’t afford their bills.

@UpstateNYUPSer has never cared about anyone but himself. I get it. Take care of yourself first, but that doesn't mean that you can't help someone else out if you can afford it.

There are others like him, but I think they do not represent UPS as a whole. I would think that most of us, if we can afford it, would help out our fellow brothers.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
WDFD.

Don't care. You are a pompous ass with little to no credibility on this forum.
hensthis-justin-the-pot-is-calling-the-kettle-black-memegenerator-net-52623892.png

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
...and your point....?

This is (was) my career. This is just a PT job for them. Damn right I am going to take care of me first.
You, mr knowitall, got hired off the street. The part timers that come to work every day waiting to get a full time opportunity were bumped by your pompous donkey.

Get a clue or just close your mouth. We've heard your one sided gibberish far too long.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
$647/wk here, plus the $600/wk from Uncle Sam, plus the medical kicked in from Teamcare....Nice little vacation...

Although, if the lay off gets up to me...we're all in trouble.

Have they waived the waiting week? When I used to take voluntary layoffs you had to wait a week before filing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

@UpstateNYUPSer has never cared about anyone but himself. I get it. Take care of yourself first, but that doesn't mean that you can't help someone else out if you can afford it.

There are others like him, but I think they do not represent UPS as a whole. I would think that most of us, if we can afford it, would help out our fellow brothers.

Take a look around the parking lot when you go to work tomorrow. Check out all of the new cars (and car payments). There are a whole lot of guys, whether new or veteran, who live paycheck to paycheck.

I was always smart with my money and lived within my means; that being said, there was no way that I would have ever voluntarily sat at home and collected what is basically welfare.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You, mr knowitall, got hired off the street. The part timers that come to work every day waiting to get a full time opportunity were bumped by your pompous donkey.

Get a clue or just close your mouth. We've heard your one sided gibberish far too long.

I was hired under the provisions of a contract voted on by you and everyone else who "paid their dues".

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
there was no way that I would have ever voluntarily sat at home and collected what is basically welfare.

You should probably Google FUTA and SUTA before making uninformed comments. I used to own a small business and had to file quarterly for both of these taxes. UPS had to do the same for you every year you were employed by them.

Ghost in the Darkness

Someone else who cares only about himself and no one else. Screw the part timer. I can afford the lay off, and they probably can't, but I'm going to force them out of work just so I don't look "lazy."

This is not an integrity issue. If I can afford the lay off, and the part timers can't, I will let them work. Apparently, you don't care about anyone else but yourself.

Well I have a family that i earn a living to support & and i have seniority. I'm not a lazy fukkturd trying to mooch the system like you. Go to work or quit.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well I have a family... and i'm not a lazy fukkturd trying to mooch the system like you. Go to work or quit.
My ex girlfriend found herself a real winner. The guy keeps a job long enough to where he can "get fired" and collect unemployment for as long as possible and then repeats the process. He stays at home most days playing video games and working over the system. I hate people like that!

Ghost in the Darkness

That sounds like what Mugarolla aspires to be.
He can say what he wants to about helping the part timers but I call b.s... just wants to sit home and get paid.

Last edited: