Voluntary layoffs

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I was hired under the provisions of a contract voted on by you and everyone else who "paid their dues".
And you degrade part timers who are waiting in line to get a full time job...doing their "time" which you know nothing about.

If fact, oh pompous one, when you were hired in it was 2 for 1.
So, more off the street hires bumped part timers than today. "My union representation" corrected that disgraceful slap in the face for part timers and it changed to 6 for 1.

You need to treat the "disposable" part time Teamsters who loaded your trucks (often 1000 pcs a set per day), got up at 3 am with a promise of 3.5 hrs at $8.00 an hour and no benefits, no vacations, no paid holidays, so you can whine about your load. They wait multiple years in many places for the job that you took for granted and from your perch all knowingly still degrade them for grinding out two jobs with the hope of having a job that you were handed, with "just a high school diploma".

Dude, you to earn some respect for those less fortunate.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Take a look around the parking lot when you go to work tomorrow. Check out all of the new cars (and car payments). There are a whole lot of guys, whether new or veteran, who live paycheck to paycheck.

I was always smart with my money and lived within my means; that being said, there was no way that I would have ever voluntarily sat at home and collected what is basically welfare.
How do you know the people who bought new vehicles weren't as smart as you and that their wives werent knocking down great wages in their professions? I know of some drivers combined income being at least $200,000 yearly. They lease can also because they live close.

Always the wizard of oz aren't you?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
OK---I wasn't sure----not really a factor in the discussion.

I was fortunate in that I was hired during a period of growth. There were 3 of us hired and we all would have made it had 1 not died in a private plane crash during his qualification.
It is a factor in the discussion...If you want to deal with reality and how it pertains to the fact that you have little to no respect for people less fortunate.

I dont know why it bothers me except I've always had a disgust for arrogant know it alls and the bullies that degrade the folks not quite up to their prowess. Cough, cough.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The "you have to pay your dues" argument is BS.
No one is asking you to agree that off the street hiring is not contractual.
I'm asking, and have been for years for you to portray a bit of thankful humility toward the rest of the galley slaves that worked two jobs to get to the opportunity that you got on day one.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
And you degrade part timers who are waiting in line to get a full time job...doing their "time" which you know nothing about.

If fact, oh pompous one, when you were hired in it was 2 for 1.
So, more off the street hires bumped part timers than today. "My union representation" corrected that disgraceful slap in the face for part timers and it changed to 6 for 1.

You need to treat the "disposable" part time Teamsters who loaded your trucks (often 1000 pcs a set per day), got up at 3 am with a promise of 3.5 hrs at $8.00 an hour and no benefits, no vacations, no paid holidays, so you can whine about your load. They wait multiple years in many places for the job that you took for granted and from your perch all knowingly still degrade them for grinding out two jobs with the hope of having a job that you were handed, with "just a high school diploma".

Dude, you to earn some respect for those less fortunate.
Almost 4 years preloading. One or two more retirements, and I may be in. :)
Slow grind, but it's worth it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Welcome aboard 22.4 bitch
C3E81E5E-A7DE-4227-B0D8-3D1181774832.gif