Vote NO Explained

LagunaBrown

Supplements/riders have no bearing on my feeling regarding the NMA. You're perfectly happy with your rider correcting the NMA for you, that's fine. I'd rather have the NMA addressed directly so my local/region can focus on regional concerns, as the supplements/riders are designed to address.
I know your an intelligent guy but maybe you should put it on your Santa Claus wish list because that’s just not how things work. You making this about the Master but hiding what your supplements and riders say is telling me you have an agenda. I think your trying hard to make this about voting down the Master instead of teaching people how the language flows from the Master down to the Supplements and riders.

watdaflock?

oh my god ; you just had to ask that question, didn't you?

Now the turnip truck is rolling on up and out comes Fitbit, 1989, Laguna, and our MIA Dave from the bog to tell us how we will all be out of a job because volume will disappear and never ever come back.

... in 3. , 2. , 1
Strong rebuttal. Way to prove my question has no merit.

Doubleparkedrunner

Every region is different and has different needs. Supplements and riders ensure a locals sovereignty. As @browndevil said “The best metaphor I heard was, the Master creates the skeleton and the supplements build the body"

Don't even bother responding if you're not going to address what he's saying.

To do so time and time again without actually pinpointing his actual concern is insulting to him and to others who agree with his position. If you don't agree with his position , then state our case. But stop Sidestepping bullets like you're in the fing matrix and either answer the question / respond to the statement.

Doubleparkedrunner

Listen ... I have mgt personal ask me ....wtf? “R u guys really going 2 let this proposal pass” ......smh
it must be " difficult " for management to have empathy for their fellow coworkers. If you think about it, they are obviously not Union so they have been grinder down over the years to only think of themselves and their immediate survival.

I think that's the reason this company is so friend-ed up. Atlanta hires bean counters to come up with ideas to save money and increase production. They mandate it right on down the food chain to regional, district, and immediate management.

Our immediate management has probably gotten beaten over the head so much over the years with the idiotic flavor of the months, fictitious time studies and never ending corporate ultimatums that they have lost both the reasonable sense to see it is mostly all bullcrap And the will to fight the good fight against their own bosses on issues that are clearly hurting the company but are being told to " Do it anyways! "

For the most part these a management folk haven't been part of a union so they naturally see this proposal as a good thing for the current RPCDs and either don't even think about the newbies coming in or again, they actUlly know this is terrible for the future of the Union but they are hj King this will actually increase their precious numbers thusly making their jobs easier.

Future

Victory Ride
it must be " difficult " for management to have empathy for their fellow coworkers. If you think about it, they are obviously not Union so they have been grinder down over the years to only think of themselves and their immediate survival.

I think that's the reason this company is so friend-ed up. Atlanta hires bean counters to come up with ideas to save money and increase production. They mandate it right on down the food chain to regional, district, and immediate management.

Our immediate management has probably gotten beaten over the head so much over the years with the idiotic flavor of the months, fictitious time studies and never ending corporate ultimatums that they have lost both the reasonable sense to see it is mostly all bullcrap And the will to fight the good fight against their own bosses on issues that are clearly hurting the company but are being told to " Do it anyways! "

For the most part these a management folk haven't been part of a union so they naturally see this proposal as a good thing for the current RPCDs and either don't even think about the newbies coming in or again, they actUlly know this is terrible for the future of the Union but they are hj King this will actually increase their precious numbers thusly making their jobs easier.
I am older then any mgt person in my building .... they don’t want this either ... training how many? And maybe 1 will survive ?

PT Car Washer

I am older then any mgt person in my building .... they don’t want this either ... training how many? And maybe 1 will survive ?
I asked one of the driver sups about how they would use the 22.4 drivers and he had no idea what they would do with one or even how they would qualify. Best i can figure they could replace the 22.3 preload/air drivers and PT air exception drivers who deliver ground most days.

Future

Victory Ride
I asked one of the driver sups about how they would use the 22.4 drivers and he had no idea what they would do with one or even how they would qualify. Best i can figure they could replace the 22.3 preload/air drivers and PT air exception drivers who deliver ground most days.
Smh .... it will be a sheeeet show ... for the company and the customers

saintrick

They will drive Tue-Sat just like a current RPCD does. Only difference is they will make 6 an hour less.

I know your an intelligent guy but maybe you should put it on your Santa Claus wish list because that’s just not how things work. You making this about the Master but hiding what your supplements and riders say is telling me you have an agenda. I think your trying hard to make this about voting down the Master instead of teaching people how the language flows from the Master down to the Supplements and riders.

My supplement has no influence on my point because my "agenda" is teaching you that supplements aren't meant to patch gaping holes in the master, they are meant to enhance the master based on local/regional needs. I'm trying to get you to acknowledge that guaranteed hours is not a regional or local matter, but a national matter.

Doubleparkedrunner

My supplement has no influence on my point because my "agenda" is teaching you that supplements aren't meant to patch gaping holes in the master, they are meant to enhance the master based on local/regional needs. I'm trying to get you to acknowledge that guaranteed hours is not a regional or local matter, but a national matter.

He is unable odo what you wish ( acknowledge ).
Him and TonyQ and a host of the other browncafe gypsies that roll in once every contract cycle just come on here thinking that their rote , mindless bullet point blather will somehow Svengali the masses into thinking this crap is good.

It's insulting to our intelligence. Just because we actually do one of the harder jobs at UPS and beyond doesn't mean we are mindless Shreks who lack of critical thinking skills.

And to all those that lurk on here but don't sign up and post; take the time do so now and ask questions , if you have any, or make a post or two if you have opinions instead of questions.

I welcome anyone's ideas or opinions on any of these matters and would love to hear a coherent , valid take on why this contract is good for us.

I just don't want to hear anymore empty
" this is good for you ; it's too bad you're too dumb or greedy to understand that "

LagunaBrown

NOWHERE in the country that had weekly guarantee is losing that because of the NMA. STOP trying to insinuate that. The fact is either you had it or you didn't because of your supplements and rider. It is NOT a a national matter issue and what I am telling you shows how naive your stand is. You will not show me your Supplements and riders because you know I am right. I can't believe how completely lost you guys are. Go on facebook vote no page and tell your lies to some sucker that will believe you.

Last edited:

Doubleparkedrunner

NOWHERE in the country that had weekly guarantee is losing that because of the NMA. STOP trying to insinuate that. The fact is either you had it or you didn't because of your supplements and rider. It is NOT a a national matter issue and what I am telling you shows how naive your stand is. You will not show me your Supplements and riders because you know I am right. I can't believe how completely lost you guys are. Go on facebook vote no page and tell your lies to some sucker that will believe you.

Again, that's NOT what he is saying. He clearly states that this language should not be in the master at all, whatsoever, even a little bit , no matter what.

You sir WILL NOT answer or acknowledge his post truthfully, and will just parrot your master versus supplement / rider theology until you are blue in the face.

IT DOES NOT FOOL ANYONE on here when you don't actually address his issue with it. It only entrenches you into the company shill quicksand of deceit. You spout your mantras and talking points like Fred Astaire dancing around the question over and over again and are " OUtRAGED " when the masses don't fall for your political forked tongue double speak.

Now please respond to this post with some more drivel so you can wiggle you and your cohorts a little deeper into that quicksand.

Eventually you will all be so far down that we won't be able to hear you anymore.

LagunaBrown

Again, that's NOT what he is saying. He clearly states that this language should not be in the master at all, whatsoever, even a little bit , no matter what.

You sir WILL NOT answer or acknowledge his post truthfully, and will just parrot your master versus supplement / rider theology until you are blue in the face.

IT DOES NOT FOOL ANYONE on here when you don't actually address his issue with it. It only entrenches you into the company shill quicksand of deceit. You spout your mantras and talking points like Fred Astaire dancing around the question over and over again and are " OUtRAGED " when the masses don't fall for your political forked tongue double speak.

Now please respond to this post with some more drivel so you can wiggle you and your cohorts a little deeper into that quicksand.

Eventually you will all be so far down that we won't be able to hear you anymore.
How how do you now understand......... THE NMA DID NOT CHANGE ANYONES GUARANTEE. duh
I will not acknowledge it because it is in your supplements or rider like I been saying all along. The NMA did nothing to change your work guarantee either you had it or you didn't.