Vote NO Explained

Hethatbeking

N
You don’t strike When your getting a $129,000 to pension. $4.15 cent raise. $445.00 a week paid to healthcare. A retiree package and part time raises, healthcare and pension. Have you lost all ability to reason?
No. Just don't think this offer is the best we can get. Especially when the company is making billions from the market and charitable tax legislation.

LagunaBrown

N

No. Just don't think this offer is the best we can get. Especially when the company is making billions from the market and charitable tax legislation.
That is is an opinion and what your doing is risking a dollar to get a dime in increases if you vote no. You may get better but you may get worse as well. How is it that nobody learned from the guys who voted no and got less last election. Z and his group got reduced benefits by voting no. So again with all the increases I mention you want to gamble?

Our riders protect us, that is s good thing why are you giving me crap? If yours does not then why are you not trying to get it fixed? I know for a fact other locals did. You know why am I the only one who posted the results of my supplements and riders. Are you guys even checking yours? Why not post it either way. In another post I told people to talk to their BA and find out but got ridiculed for it. Can I get some informed Tesmsters telling me if they have protection in their area or not.

You immediately shoot to the defensive position, you seem to be as short on reasonability as much as you point out others are. I'm not giving you crap, I was stating that I don't understand your position in being so happy with a rider protecting you when my point is that it shouldn't have to. Some language shouldn't even be in the master, like "as long as work is available" for starters. You shouldn't need a rider to protect you from that, that shouldn't be a regional negotiation.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Well if you have 50 rpcd drivers and they decide to run 35 routes, are the 15 guaranteed their 8 hrs?

Absolutely under the Southwest Packages Rider. That being said a lot of guys would rather take the day off than request their guaranteed 8.

what if all 50 RPC drivers wanted there 8 on the Monday when there's only 35 routes because 22.4s delivered all the volume on Saturday and since there all scheduled off on Monday your not laying them off, your supplement language sends those 15 guys home with pay? there's absolutely no such thing as a one day layoff in your local? i don't have a supplement to read yet in the 804 so im interested how Mondays are going to play out in a strong local if this passes as is.

Total package

We can rebuild him
....and continue to hire vacation replacements and seasonal drivers, while violating with air drivers?

Those of you RPCD's that want the OT, the 50-60 hour weeks....kiss them goodbye.
I don't doubt management would use 22.4 to cut overtime but what would they do about their bogus numbers? If i actually worked 8 hours , their planned day might be a little over 6.5

Doubleparkedrunner

What is the guesstimate how much our volume would drop, if we did strike? All of our business will immediately switch to Fed Ex, or some other transport option.
If we did strike, how many drivers would be out of work because of the loss of volume?
oh my god ; you just had to ask that question, didn't you?

Now the turnip truck is rolling on up and out comes Fitbit, 1989, Laguna, and our MIA Dave from the bog to tell us how we will all be out of a job because volume will disappear and never ever come back.

... in 3. , 2. , 1

LagunaBrown

what if all 50 RPC drivers wanted there 8 on the Monday when there's only 35 routes because 22.4s delivered all the volume on Saturday and since there all scheduled off on Monday your not laying them off, your supplement language sends those 15 guys home with pay? there's absolutely no such thing as a one day layoff in your local? i don't have a supplement to read yet in the 804 so im interested how Mondays are going to play out in a strong local if this passes as is.
That’s right we get an 8 hour 5 consecutive day guarantee. No one day layoffs here. I love my Local!

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

You immediately shoot to the defensive position, you seem to be as short on reasonability as much as you point out others are. I'm not giving you crap, I was stating that I don't understand your position in being so happy with a rider protecting you when my point is that it shouldn't have to. Some language shouldn't even be in the master, like "as long as work is available" for starters. You shouldn't need a rider to protect you from that, that shouldn't be a regional negotiation.
Every region is different and has different needs. Supplements and riders ensure a locals sovereignty. As @browndevil said “The best metaphor I heard was, the Master creates the skeleton and the supplements build the body"

Last edited:
Every region is different and has different needs. Supplements and riders ensure a locals sovereignty.

Which is something I acknowledged in my previous post, I get it, but I can't agree that it's ok for the NMA to contain language that threatens guaranteed hours, regardless of sovereignty, autonomy, or whatever word you want to use. The NMA addresses basic needs of the membership, the supplements and riders polish it however their region needs/wants, I get it. Guaranteed hours is a basic need of the membership, it should not be threatened in the NMA, end of story.

LagunaBrown

Which is something I acknowledged in my previous post, I get it, but I can't agree that it's ok for the NMA to contain language that threatens guaranteed hours, regardless of sovereignty, autonomy, or whatever word you want to use. The NMA addresses basic needs of the membership, the supplements and riders polish it however their region needs/wants, I get it. Guaranteed hours is a basic need of the membership, it should not be threatened in the NMA, end of story.
Well what does your supplements and rider language say?

Oh so you just want to tell people to vote no but not tell them about your supplements and riders. Only mushrooms should be kept in the dark. Not the members.

Supplements/riders have no bearing on my feeling regarding the NMA. You're perfectly happy with your rider correcting the NMA for you, that's fine. I'd rather have the NMA addressed directly so my local/region can focus on regional concerns, as the supplements/riders are designed to address.