VOTE NO ON THE CONTRACT

upsmaster

The hybrid driver plan was originally proposed by the Teamsters union, not the company, according to leaks from the union negotiating committee. This information has provoked widespread anger among the rank and file. Yesterday’s announcement amounts to a provocation against UPS workers. Lead negotiator Denis T, the bargaining committee, and Teamsters President James P. Hoffa simply ignored the near-unanimous opposition among UPS workers to the creation of a second tier of drivers. Instead, the Teamsters claimed that the new tier was in response to “membership concerns, including Saturday and Sunday delivery, excessive forced overtime [and] time off.”

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Just remember when you vote that our "Executive Leadership" spent all their time with their families this Thanksgiving and Christmas. They got HUGE bonuses after 4Q results. They got huge raises last year.

What did we get? FORCED 70-hr work weeks, among other BS. Ask our airline mechanics if UPS is looking out for them.

To all who love the turkeys so much, here's what I see looking through their windows as I deliver their crap at 9pm at night:

We are fools not to strike this year if the contract is crap.

thanksgiving-rockwell.jpg
would be cool if someone photoshopped a stressed out UPS driver peering through the window with sweat on the brow

reginald95

People don't realize that there already is a Tier 2 driving position at UPS. It's called Cover driver. They can never hit top rate and their pension contributions are not the same of a full time driver. At my center they have been using Cover drivers year round as regular full time drivers.

Box Ox

People don't realize that there already is a Tier 2 driving position at UPS. It's called Cover driver. They can never hit top rate and their pension contributions are not the same of a full time driver. At my center they have been using Cover drivers year round as regular full time drivers.

Must be a local thing. So it’s not the same as a nationwide hybrid rollout. In my weak-ass RTW local/region, temporary cover drivers can be used between June 1-Jan 15.

Heavy Package

I'm not following you. I'm a FT cover driver in progression for top rate. I work every day and I am guaranteed 8-hrs. Code 06 when I drive.

The company hired waaay too many of these, and many FT cover drivers work in the hub at their progression rate.

reginald95

I'm not following you. I'm a FT cover driver in progression for top rate. I work every day and I am guaranteed 8-hrs. Code 06 when I drive.

The company hired waaay too many of these, and many FT cover drivers work in the hub at their progression rate.

Full-time drivers that cover routes are generally know as "utility" or "swing" drivers. Cover drivers are part-time workers that get called to work as drivers during peak season or the summer. In a lot of busy areas they get used year-round like a full-time driver. These cover drivers don't gain any seniority to pick vacations or same pension contributions. They also make 85 percent or higher in other regions of the full-time driver rate. They can never reach top pay.

Full-time drivers that cover routes are generally know as "utility" or "swing" drivers. Cover drivers are part-time workers that get called to work as drivers during peak season or the summer. In a lot of busy areas they get used year-round like a full-time driver. These cover drivers don't gain any seniority to pick vacations or same pension contributions. They also make 85 percent or higher in other regions of the full-time driver rate. They can never reach top pay.
A cover driver here is only a driver that has not successfully won a bid on a route. Same pay, same seniority list, etc.

We don't use PT drivers. Cover drivers are FT just do not have their own route. Unless you are referring to PT air drivers delivering ground at top driver rate.

Dr.Brownz

The lingo is reversed here. Utility drivers are part timers that called to drive and get 25.90~.... or whatever the rate is to deliver. Cover drivers are un-bid FT drivers. They abused the utility driver thing here for a while (every day for months using several part timers and using helpers too!) but the union put a stop to it.

wilberforce15

Ours are the exact same at the .85 rate, but they can top out. If they drive 8 months a year and their cumulative time adds up to the amount of years of FT progression, they can keep doing seasonal cover work for FT top pay. We have a lot of guys who like having 4 months a year part-time, and still making good money overall. They lose out on the FT pension, obviously.