Voter Suppression

moreluck

golden ticket member
Then again, nobody expects Jackson to say something intelligent.

(CNSNews.com) — Reverend Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, said that long lines at Pennsylvania polling places on Election Day were a form of voter suppression.

He added that he has not seen lines like the ones at early polling places in Ohio since the election of Nelson Mandela in South Africa.

Speaking on Election Day at a press conference in Ohio, Jackson said, “But they don’t have the early voting. They only vote today in Pennsylvania, so those will be very long lines. And very long lines, while they show one sign of commitment and the legality, also [are] a form of suppression.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Then again, nobody expects Jackson to say something intelligent.
(CNSNews.com) — Reverend Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, said that long lines at Pennsylvania polling places on Election Day were a form of voter suppression.

He added that he has not seen lines like the ones at early polling places in Ohio since the election of Nelson Mandela in South Africa.

Speaking on Election Day at a press conference in Ohio, Jackson said, “But they don’t have the early voting. They only vote today in Pennsylvania, so those will be very long lines. And very long lines, while they show one sign of commitment and the legality, also [are] a form of suppression.”

Whats your problem with his statement?? its true. You take a Densely populated area and place limited polling stations in those areas forcing people to stand in lines up to 8 hours or more is SUPPRESSION.

Why in towns with a high percentage of minorities are there the fewest polling places?

In my town, I waited about 2 mins to get to the polling booth. There were no long lines, and there were no long lines because they have polling booths EVERYWHERE...

We have more booths in this town than we need, but not in states that can make or break a politicians chances.

THE GOP FAILED with the narrative that OBAMA could not produce the same numbers in 2012 as he did in 2008. In fact, he exceeded the numbers.

Even with the attempts of preventing the votes, people went out and stood in lines for hours, and made sure the GOP lost.

I say , thank you .

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
........."Whats your problem with his statement??.............." TOS

Long Lines do not a conspiracy make !!!!! Disney would be in deep doo doo !!

BrownArmy

That's not correct either.

Possibly.

How's this though...

Chumney got less votes than McCain.

?????????

Demographics are changing.

Repubs need to change/moderate their message...because:

Youth ain't buying it, women ain't buying it, Latinos ain't buying it, gays/lesbians ain't buying it, etc. etc.

The Republican party needs to moderate their message:

Instead of talking to the America they want, they need to talk to the America that actually exists.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
........."Whats your problem with his statement??.............." TOS

Long Lines do not a conspiracy make !!!!! Disney would be in deep doo doo !!

It is in deep doo doo, thats why I dont take the kids there.. the longs are too long and they wont see my money until they speed up the place.

Same with voting, make the lines long enough and people give up and dont vote, and if you ONLY do this in black, or hispanic areas, then its called VOTER SUPPRESSION.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Possibly.

How's this though...

Chumney got less votes than McCain.

?????????

Demographics are changing.

Repubs need to change/moderate their message...because:

Youth ain't buying it, women ain't buying it, Latinos ain't buying it, gays/lesbians ain't buying it, etc. etc.

The Republican party needs to moderate their message:

Instead of talking to the America they want, they need to talk to the America that actually exists.

EXACTLY.

Putting the guy who lost to McCain who lost to Obama was a losing strategy from the start, but its what you get when you believe only billionaires can run for office.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
To keep everything equal , all polling places should require Voter Ids. on a national level and within your own state , you should be allowed to vote any polling place .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Actually literally.

I think the republican party would be best served to not take your advice. They need to stop nominating moderates and offer a bold choice instead of a different side to the same coin.

Lets see if I understand your methodology. You want the GOP to stop nominating moderates, cause they all lose, and nominate someone further to the right of the dial and that will be a winning strategy?

Like who for instance?? Pat Buchannon?

How, if the country showed its still in the middle, do you expect to win the popular vote moving further to the right?

Oh wait, I know where this strategy came from.... of course, its the Rush Limbaughs suggestion he made on the air for the last 4 days of his show.

Yes, RUSH wants a true conservative to run in 2016 and not a moderate along with NOT caving into pressures for change to the party.

So I understand what you believe.

I say go for it! Nominate Mike Hucabee next time around, or Rick Perry!

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
It is in deep doo doo, thats why I dont take the kids there.. the longs are too long and they wont see my money until they speed up the place.

Same with voting, make the lines long enough and people give up and dont vote, and if you ONLY do this in black, or hispanic areas, then its called VOTER SUPPRESSION.

Peace

TOS
If people give up,it's their own damn problem !!!

When it comes to Disney, pay the extra for the "front of the line" privilege .......it's spectacular!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
One thing is certain and that is that you are not capable.

Lets see how your credentials worked out in this years election vs Mine, shall we??

You... obamacare gets overturned by supreme court...FAIL

ME.. law will be upheld..... WIN

You... Romney wins the election big.... FAIL

ME..... The president wins re election WIN

You.... The polls have Romney leading the race.... FAIL

ME..... Dont put all your eggs in that basket since Rassmussen is a complete failure as a polling agency.. WIN

So far, I dont see a winning streak on your side...

Better luck in 2016.

Peace

TOS

av8torntn

Lets see how your credentials worked out in this years election vs Mine, shall we??

You... obamacare gets overturned by supreme court...FAIL

ME.. law will be upheld..... WIN

You... Romney wins the election big.... FAIL

ME..... The president wins re election WIN

You.... The polls have Romney leading the race.... FAIL

ME..... Dont put all your eggs in that basket since Rassmussen is a complete failure as a polling agency.. WIN

So far, I dont see a winning streak on your side...

Better luck in 2016.

Peace

TOS

Just because you post things that are untrue doesn't make them true. If you would like to make a log of actual predictions go ahead.