Voting Fraud

babboo25

Banned
So if u have it your way we get a huge raise, right? So lets say in 5 years we get raises that equal out to 6.00 hr. That would make top rate 34.18. Do you really think UPS will hire anymore FT drivers?? If u do u are a total :censored2:. The job is already hard enough, bigger raises would make it even worse. What if projections are correct and FDX and DHL close in on are market share. What happens then? Layoffs or paycuts. Think about the future. Can u really justify a delivery driver making 34hr.

Griff

So if u have it your way we get a huge raise, right? So lets say in 5 years we get raises that equal out to 6.00 hr. That would make top rate 34.18. Do you really think UPS will hire anymore FT drivers?? If u do u are a total :censored2:. The job is already hard enough, bigger raises would make it even worse. What if projections are correct and FDX and DHL close in on are market share. What happens then? Layoffs or paycuts. Think about the future. Can u really justify a delivery driver making 34hr.

They will justify it, just like they justified it before by increasing the weight limit and stop counts. You're talking about professional drivers who go for decades without getting into accidents or injured. These same people are pushed to make unrealistic goals become a reality on a daily basis. These are people who are managed and setup to fail, but go out and make the impossible possible everyday. Go ask a DHL driver to deliver 293 stops on January 23rd in 7 inches of snow and still make 9.5, you'll see just how justifiable it is.

brazenbrown

They will justify it, just like they justified it before by increasing the weight limit and stop counts. You're talking about professional drivers who go for decades without getting into accidents or injured. These same people are pushed to make unrealistic goals become a reality on a daily basis. These are people who are managed and setup to fail, but go out and make the impossible possible everyday. Go ask a DHL driver to deliver 293 stops on January 23rd in 7 inches of snow and still make 9.5, you'll see just how justifiable it is.

Hi Griff,

Have you ever thought of being a motivational speaker? :happy-very:

J

JonFrum

The deadline was Friday, what does it matter what came in on sat, mon, tue?

Well, aside from knowing how many voters missed the unreasonably short ballot deadline, especially from the far away Western states, there is this ballot fiasco:

"Early Ballot Report: 82,000 Received

An early report from the UPS ballot count indicates that approximately 82,000 ballots were picked up on Friday from the post office. Initially only 67,000 ballots were picked up, but approximately 15,000 additional ballots were later located at the post office and picked up late in the day. Counting will proceed through the weekend.

More ballots will be picked up on Monday, because there is a later deadline for ballots from Ohio and Louisville Local 89. In their rush to fast track the contract vote, the International Union neglected to include ballots for the Ohio Rider and Louisville Air Hub Rider, so a second mailing had to go out to those areas. Counting for Local 89 and Ohio locals will not start until Monday."
http://www.makeupsdeliver.org/news.php?extend.121

VTBrown

Griff....stop being a people.

If you made the "impossible, possible". Well then it wasn't impossible to begin with....was it?

trickpony1

Griff-
Your post #42 makes a very valid point. Well said!!
When the drivers are no longer capable of the increased demands placed upon them by management who thinks the $29-$34 an hour is coming out of their pocket, management will find a way to get rid of the older driver and get young, impressionable, wide-eyed kids (on a three year progression) to replace the older drivers.
I believe greed and fear is what passed the contract. Let's watch as the language, that no one read, creeps up and bites us right in the rear.
I didn't vote yes on either of my ballots.

tieguy

Banned
Griff-
When the drivers are no longer capable of the increased demands placed upon them by management who thinks the $29-$34 an hour is coming out of their pocket, management will find a way to get rid of the older driver and get young, impressionable, wide-eyed kids (on a three year progression) to replace the older drivers.
I believe greed and fear is what passed the contract. Let's watch as the language, that no one read, creeps up and bites us right in the rear.

gloom and doom sour grapes in this post. Trick you and that griff feller should get hitched. You two share the same depressed outlook on life.

brazenbrown

Griff-

Senior drivers usually earn the better routes based on their seniority and have invaluable experience with proven customer service skills and knowledge. What they may not be able to do productively can be more than made up for from their experience.

Sports example: This year "Brett Favre" While closing in on 40 years of age, is leading the Green Bay Packers through an awesome season. While this example may be a little over the top you get my drift.

I personally think it's a mistake to think that UPS would want to replace these seasoned vets who add great value to the Company and put in some GEN-Y (20 something) wide eyed rookie who doesn't know the meaning of the four letter word..."WORK"...

Just my opinion..:happy2:

Hangingon

Customer service? I think we're out of that business now. Now it's all about the bottom line of the report the DM's see every morning.

tieguy

Banned
Customer service? I think we're out of that business now. Now it's all about the bottom line of the report the DM's see every morning.

Ask your center manager to show you what he/she reports on with the daily and weekly conference call. You'll find a lot more service elements then production.

J

JonFrum

. . .Can u really justify a delivery driver making 34 [dollars per] hr.

Short answer: Yes!

Long answer: It's a very demanding job that requires a wide variety of skills, and exposure to various nasty weather conditions and driving hazards. Besides, delivery drivers will only be making $32.14 or so in five years, not $34.

Relax, UPS and Teamster negotiators slashed part-timer starting and progression wages in May of 1982 to pay for it. They also froze and/or limited lots of other wages to offset the Top Rates of delivery and feeder drivers. If you average everyone's pay, you'll see it's at a level that you can easily live with. Even as various underpaid full- and part-time UPSers climb the progression ladder, frequently they fall by the wayside and are replaced by another, who starts at the bottom, and in turn, falls by the wayside. And so the revolving door goes 'round and 'round. Only a minority earn Top Rate.

tieguy

Banned
Relax, UPS and Teamster negotiators slashed part-timer starting and progression wages in May of 1982 to pay for it.

UPS did not slash the part time starting wage in 82. They actually increased it to 8 bucks an hour and increased the progression to 12 bucks an hour. They left the 8 hour starting wage in 85 and eliminated the progression in 85.

They also froze and/or limited lots of other wages to offset the Top Rates of delivery and feeder drivers.

Despite the gloom and doom with the starting wage part timers always got the pay increases of subsequent contracts. There is a faction out there that tries to sell the message that all part timers make 8 bucks an hour. this is not true.

is this why you post here anonymously so you can prostitute this site with your misinformation?

trickpony1

Tieguy-
Do you think someday we will all understand this fetish you seem to have about JonFrum not registering?

I don't see what possible difference it could make whether he registers or not. If he had a history of vulgar, threatening or otherwise offensive posts I could understand your concern but he doesn't.

I enjoy and welcome his posts as intelligent and informative.

......so spin this.

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy-
Do you think someday we will all understand this fetish you seem to have about JonFrum not registering?

I don't see what possible difference it could make whether he registers or not. If he had a history of vulgar, threatening or otherwise offensive posts I could understand your concern but he doesn't.

......so spin this.

The nature of message boards my twisted friend. You are allowed to enjoy the posts of sneaky posters who do not support this site and I am allowed to question why they won't committ to supporting the site.

I happen to think someone who posts here as much as he does should show his support for cheryls hard work by joining.

govols019

You smell that?
How is he not supporting the site by not registering?

What a petty thing to complain about. But I guess that's all you got?

browned out

Comparisons to the auto industry are not viable. Outsourcing, overseas competition, and unfair trade regulations severly affected the auto industry.

I would think comparisons are very viable. The auto industry could crap thousands of jobs and people at any given time. UPSers have been lucky because we have not experienced the same thing here. The same incompent management and penny pinching many of you have complained about is the same reason you folks have not had to exeperience our elinimating thousands of jobs as is common in the auto industy.

UPS can not outsource any driver or inside loading, unloading, etc overseas. UPS is in a duopoly with FedEx as the only major players in the shipping industry.

You need to research your point a little more. The post office and dhl are very viable competitors. There is no duoply. The post office has taken many of the high volume catalog shippers that are concerned about pricing. DHL is the international king. Only a matter of time before they retool in the us and become much more competitive.

Time has passed and now we see how things are shaking out.

DHL is still losing money hand over fist and is restructring its US operations or possibly selling the unit off. The post office is still a very distant 3rd or 4th player. Duopoly of FED EX and UPS exists and will continue to dominate.
The money is there and we are not lucky.
When the Big 3 were booming, the UAW members shared in that sucess.

and they share in their misery by losing their jobs.

Griff

Tieguy-

......so spin this.

You obviously don't know his bag then. He can't give JonFrum negative rep repeatedly, that's why he cares so much.

J

JonFrum

1982: Part-time New Hires Thrown Under The Bus

UPS did not slash the part time starting wage in 82. They actually increased it to 8 bucks an hour and increased the progression to 12 bucks an hour. They left the 8 hour starting wage in 85 and eliminated the progression in 85.

Tie, my information comes directly from the National Master United Parcel Service Agreement and New England Supplemental Agreement For The Period May 1, 1982 thru June 1, 1985.

It was ratified on July 2, 1982 and both are published in one booklet with a pale blue cover.

Article 22 --- PART-TIME EMPLOYEES, Section 5 --- New Part-time Employees
Effective date of ratification (July 2, 1982) all new part-time inside employees on first day of employment will receive:
Sorters and Preloaders --- $9.00 per hour.
All others --- $8.00 per hour.

NEW ENGLAND SUPPLEMENT
Article 62 --- WAGES AND ALLOWANCES, Section 6 --- Wage Schedule
Part-time Employees --- $12.87
Part-time Employees hired on or after 7/2/82:
Loader/Unloader --- $8.00
Preloader/Sorter --- $9.00

The $12.87 part-time rate was for existing part-timers. This at a time when package car drivers made $13.43 per hour!

"Red Circled" part-timers made even more than $12.87.

Despite the gloom and doom with the starting wage part timers always got the pay increases of subsequent contracts. There is a faction out there that tries to sell the message that all part timers make 8 bucks an hour. this is not true.

What faction? I've never heard anyone say all part-timers make $8.00 an hour.

is this why you post here anonymously so you can prostitute this site with your misinformation?

Yes. Ever since I saw Danny Aykroyd play [drum roll, please] "Frank Garvin: Male Prostitute" on the old Saturday Night Live, I knew what I wanted to do with my life. There he was, gettin' old, with numerous aches and pains. But he was a real trooper. When the ladies called, he'd pulled himself together and rise to the occasion. A true inspiration to Service Providers everywhere.

S

slam

Get a lawyer for a class action lawsuit before the contract expires. It took 4 years but employees in California finally got rewarded because the Teamsters didn't do there job, they hired a lawyer and won the lawsuit. Did Teamsters pay for their incompetance, no but UPS did and the Teamster still get to collect dues from the poor UPS employees.

Fight for your right to justice!!!!!