Voting NO is the only option

Observer

One only has to look at how bad the current contract is to determine it's a no vote for this next one. It went from 3 to 4 year progression, Black Friday is a mandatory work day at our hub, and new hires now get a "bonus" for showing up 5 days in a row! Never mind you've worked there a little longer - you make less. The list goes on.
2 Tier drivers is a big no-no. The only reason everyone is getting drowned in text alerts to vote yes is because - drum roll - the union wants more members to keep the income coming in. To hell with screwing the long term employees. Plus when they mentioned that "handshake" deal - didn't that give all of you shivers? We still haven't received any copies of the so-called improvements. A panel for grievances? Really?
I find it extremely odd that HoffaJr is MIA. When you look at the recent issue - all it states is check the various websites. The one positive (if you call it that) is more workers are paying attention to the "best contract piece of garbage" ever rhetoric. How much did D Taylor, etc get paid with this "handshake" deal? 6 billion in profits and only 83 cents a year raise. Like I stated Voting NO is the only option.

Zowert

You get paid what you’re worth, if you feel you’re worth more than $40/hr vote no. I try not to worry about what the executives are being paid. I feel I’m being compensated a fair amount for the work I do. If my colleagues don’t feel the same I understand because there are a lot of drivers that are better at this job, who can run any route in far less time and be available to help others. If they feel they’re worth more than what they’re being paid then I agree.

If you don’t like article 22.4 vote no.

If you’re sick of 70 hour work weeks, vote no. Although I doubt that’s ever going to change.

If you don’t like losing 2 holidays, vote no.

You feel pension needs an increase, vote no.

DOK

You get paid what you’re worth, if you feel you’re worth more than $40/hr vote no. I try not to worry about what the executives are being paid. I feel I’m being compensated a fair amount for the work I do. If my colleagues don’t feel the same I understand because there are a lot of drivers that are better at this job, who can run any route in far less time and be available to help others. If they feel they’re worth more than what they’re being paid then I agree.

If you’re sick of 70 hour work weeks, vote no. Although I doubt that’s ever going to change.

What 2 holidays did we lose? We do have to work the day after thanksgiving but it stayed at holiday pay here.

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
These Hybrid driver's will be used in all classifications as needs of the business. Clerk work, car washers, Porter's and feeders. Once they get on, they will use them where ever they want.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

You are only compensated a fair amount "If work is available"

llamainmypocket

If you're inside you can use your seniority to bid into a preferred position. I don't think they can just tell you to wash cars, park them, or anything like that.

bowhnterdon

. I make good money. No problem there. Fix my Pension. Declined so I will vote no...

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
All metropolitan areas should vote no....I get that there’s a lot of fly over country that this contract is amazing but in high rent districts it’s unacceptable. Our wages really need to revisit area specific compensation. Read an article today that Chick-Fil-A in Sacramento will be raising its minimum wage to $18 an hour. We need to use the one piece of leverage we have and that’s our economical impact to not only the company but our union. We may not be successful in stopping this contract but we’ll certainly disrupt the proceedings. Is This $17 Chick-fil-A Minimum Wage Sustainable?

llamainmypocket

I don't understand why they don't just give us 8 hour days year round. If the benefits are so costly they'd be saving money by employing fewer people for longer shifts.

This company is so weird. You can for 25 hours a week or you can work 50+ but God forbid anyone is floating around 40.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
All metropolitan areas should vote no....I get that there’s a lot of fly over country that this contract is amazing but in high rent districts it’s unacceptable. Our wages really need to revisit area specific compensation. Read an article today that Chick-Fil-A in Sacramento will be raising its minimum wage to $18 an hour. We need to use the one piece of leverage we have and that’s our economical impact to not only the company but our union. We may not be successful in stopping this contract but we’ll certainly disrupt the proceedings. Is This $17 Chick-fil-A Minimum Wage Sustainable?

Could you send me a chic fil a application