Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Here’s a question then, how many of you guys that don’t like the 22.4 language will be getting them in your center?
You’re conflating the issue. I’m not against 22.4. I’m against the $6 less an hour with zero work protection and the language that clearly states they will be guaranteed and RPCD not. How many of you guys that love them THINK they won’t be getting them? Because I can hear it now, “I was told we wouldn’t get 22.4’s in our tiny center, I would have voted no since I don’t work on Monday’s anymore.”

wide load

If we take out 22.4 altogether, who is delivering on Saturday then? Not wanting to cause Confrontation, what is the solution?
Why is it all or nothing with you yes people?
If we take out 22.4’s altogether...
Vote no and we strike...

Many have told the solutions but nobody is listening. You are voting for members to chew up their entire weekends with working 14 hour days on Saturdays and sundays for $6 less an hour for ground delivery without being able to ask for an 8 hour day or 9.5 protection. Their families will love you so much for not seeing them.

badpal

Just hope the future generation of drivers decide not to get rid of the pension and go to a 401k match because its best for them and their families. just sayin'
I nearing the end of my career, but wish they would implement the 401k for the younger guys. The pension system in this country is just about toast.

badpal

Vote no and we strike...

Many have told the solutions but nobody is listening. You are voting for members to chew up their entire weekends with working 14 hour days on Saturdays and sundays for $6 less an hour for ground delivery without being able to ask for an 8 hour day or 9.5 protection. Their families will love you so much for not seeing them.
I voted yes just yesterday, Its really the same system we got now, with the 4 year progression .If it creates for jobs for the part timers i all for it. Seems like all of the old guard i talk too like the contract.

wide load

I voted yes just yesterday, Its really the same system we got now, with the 4 year progression .If it creates for jobs for the part timers i all for it. Seems like all of the old guard i talk too like the contract.
So you would take a 22.4 then? The same for $6 less an hour? Great job. The old guard (which I was) can’t upset poppa Hof or he will remove them off an appointment.

Vote no and we strike...

That's the exact reason I'm voting No

Froome

We only get 4 hours show up pay, and only if they don't give you an hour heads up call to tell you not to come in. The bottom 10+ drivers are on the schedule as "call in" every day of every week. So if we show up without calling in first, they can deny us the 4 hour show up pay because we technically aren't scheduled. No two supplementals are the same, and how you vote on the master should not be based on what your supplemental says.

I may off here but check with your BA. I don't recall any "call in" listed in any contract or supplement, except for the reason you are calling in at least an hour before start time that you are going to be out. So from that language IF THEY DO NOT CALL YOU AT LEAST AN HOUR BEFORE START TIME, you are to report to work. No where does it say yoiu are required to call them to see if you are to come in. Contact the local hall and inquire about this practice, to me itseems thay have gotten the bottom 10 to consent not to come in. If you consent they are released from the guarantee.
Verify this with the local. I think you all have been getting cheated out of pay you are entitled to.

I have to admit I hated the fact that UPS came up with a new driver classification. I looked at it as another divide and conquer. But, when you think about it TCD's, (Temporary Cover Drivers) Part Time Drivers whatever your center calls them, they do the same work as a RPCD and are paid less. Now they will be fulltime. A 22.2 Porter does the same work as a 22.3 Porter yet the 22.3 is paid less. If you read the TA t states: RPCD's working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaranteed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per report and forty (40) straight time pay each week if reporting each day as scheduled as long as work is available. That to me is a 40 hour guarantee. If they cut your run on a Monday you are still guaranteed 8 hours you have to tell them I will be in for my 8. If they say there is no work available for you then it is a lay-off and 22.4's can't work.

I'm not saying vote yes or vote no. I am saying vote the facts and not fiction. I would hate to hear after a no vote and a strike "I wish I would have known that"!!!
I will go back to my corner now

F

Frankie's Friend

I am breaking my promise on this post.
I have to admit I hated the fact that UPS came up with a new driver classification. I looked at it as another divide and conquer. But, when you think about it TCD's, (Temporary Cover Drivers) Part Time Drivers whatever your center calls them, they do the same work as a RPCD and are paid less. Now they will be fulltime. (And will be paid less.)
UH, excuse me for straightening out your first lie but the Teamsters came up with the watered down new package car classification, not UPS, and the common thread of your other statements is the following...
"AND PAID LESS." Wake up buddy. The 22.4s will be paid LESS as well.

A 22.2 Porter does the same work as a 22.3 Porter yet the 22.3 is paid less. If you read the TA t states: RPCD's working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaranteed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per report and forty (40) straight time pay each week if reporting each day as scheduled as long as work is available. "That to me" is a 40 hour guarantee.
"That" to anyone else who is sick of full time positions getting paid less and less from thru Hoffa's 20 years of negotiated contracts while doing the same work is
:bsbullf: and needs to stop now.

Your dishonest post is the FICTION dude...

And has nothing to do with facts except that you and other minions get on here to recreate "facts" to pass this garbage contract.

We're not as dumb as you percieve the rank and file to be.

Now I'll go back to my corner until the bell rings again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
as long as work is available. That to me is a 40 hour guarantee. If they cut your run on a Monday you are still guaranteed 8 hours you have to tell them I will be in for my 8. If they say there is no work available for you then it is a lay-off and 22.4's can't work.

I am going to try and not be negative but this has been explained for months now, I do not understand people's confusion!

"as long as work is available." Those are the operative words and the only words that matter in the entire paragraph! Lets try this as an analogy, I write a contract and sign it stating these words, "I am going to give you 1 million dollars on Oct 14th, 2018, unless I don't feel like it." Now I ask you in all sincerity, do you think I am actually going to give you $1 million?

Once 22.4's are fully implemented loads will be advanced and pulled back so that current Mondays will be further shrunk and Tuesdays will start getting effected! Less routes means less drivers on the days when the second class drivers, the 22.4's, are not scheduled to work (Tues-Sat and Wed-Sun when and if Sunday deliveries are implemented.) Routes will be cut, thus work is reduced, thus "no work is available."

Last edited:
I have to admit I hated the fact that UPS came up with a new driver classification. I looked at it as another divide and conquer. But, when you think about it TCD's, (Temporary Cover Drivers) Part Time Drivers whatever your center calls them, they do the same work as a RPCD and are paid less. Now they will be fulltime. A 22.2 Porter does the same work as a 22.3 Porter yet the 22.3 is paid less. If you read the TA t states: RPCD's working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaranteed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per report and forty (40) straight time pay each week if reporting each day as scheduled as long as work is available. That to me is a 40 hour guarantee. If they cut your run on a Monday you are still guaranteed 8 hours you have to tell them I will be in for my 8. If they say there is no work available for you then it is a lay-off and 22.4's can't work.

I'm not saying vote yes or vote no. I am saying vote the facts and not fiction. I would hate to hear after a no vote and a strike "I wish I would have known that"!!!

The concern is for Monday's, specifically. 22.4's cannot be scheduled Monday, and weekend drivers will probably deliver advanced (Monday) volume.

Just because other people are getting paid less for the same work in other instances does not justify creating another second-class citizen.

wide load

In NE, TCD’s make top rate after progression. You’re right about about the guarantee of the 40 hours but you’re ignorant to the last line that you quoted. How do you think UPS will handle a situation of cutting routes on a Monday where you have 6 guys not scheduled? I’ll tell you how, those last 6 words in the exact article you quoted. Stop being naive.

F

Frankie's Friend

Hey, create your 22.4 (tues-sat, etc) positions but pay them full package car rate.

The story never changes. Another job created with less pay and doing the same work as the "real" ft position.

Is the Teamsters union embarrassed about how much ft drivers make? I heard this driver that became a ba say "do you know how much it costs for the company to put a driver on the street?" and expressed his shock that we were so expensive for the poor company.

I never heard him complain about his compensation being too much when he was a pkg car driver but now that he's a BA he changed his tune and it didn't take long. He must of forgot how he was treated while he was hourly. Hmmm.

Johnny onthe Spot

Here’s a question then, how many of you guys that don’t like the 22.4 language will be getting them in your center?
Centers that currently deliver ground on Saturday will add 22.4 drivers to work Saturday and Sunday, this includes my center. This will lower the volume on Mondays. This will be the reason I might be laid off on Mondays. This is the reason I voted NO

vote yes!!!!

If 22.4 are working split shifts(pre load, night sort) how are they doing the same job as a driver? I don’t work 4 hours on the sort then driver for 4. So 22.3 and 22.2 that took a full time job and also deliver should make top rate also.

If 22.4 are working split shifts(pre load, night sort) how are they doing the same job as a driver? I don’t work 4 hours on the sort then driver for 4. So 22.3 and 22.2 that took a full time job and also deliver should make top rate also.
Guarantee you they will be delivering pacjapac all day. That's another problem with this contract. They didn't give out the exact guidelines for this job.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I may off here but check with your BA. I don't recall any "call in" listed in any contract or supplement, except for the reason you are calling in at least an hour before start time that you are going to be out. So from that language IF THEY DO NOT CALL YOU AT LEAST AN HOUR BEFORE START TIME, you are to report to work. No where does it say yoiu are required to call them to see if you are to come in. Contact the local hall and inquire about this practice, to me itseems thay have gotten the bottom 10 to consent not to come in. If you consent they are released from the guarantee.
Verify this with the local. I think you all have been getting cheated out of pay you are entitled to.

It's a scheduling issue, and they may be pushing the rules some. I'd have to go back and look at the specific language in our rider, but they do a weekly schedule, if you are scheduled all week, you are golden. Then they fill out the dispatch daily, since I'm scheduled as "call in" I check the dispatch at night to see what I will be doing the next day. There is a difference between being "call in" and "on call". The language I can recall at the moment mentions the last two drivers on the dispatch are on call up to a certain time.

One of our stewards is a trustee in the local, and he's a bit of a bull dog when it comes to the rules, so I am fairly certain the scheduling is being done in accordance with the contract. But since you brought it up, I will look into it to make sure. We had a local sort sup who was trying to change the start times daily, and he got shut down real quick.

Last edited:

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
as long as work is available. why have that language in the master in the first place? they try to sell it with "well if your local supplement has 40 hour protection than dont worry" what about the supplements that have no or week language? what about the supplements who get a leadership change down the road and the local language gets bargained away? why would you say that certain language in the master is ok because i have protection against it? why would you be ok voting yes for something that you need to protect yourself from and hope you stay protected forever? so now every time you negotiate your local supplements, time and effort must be used to keep your negotiated protection from that master language you say is oh so good. there is a reason for every word in that master.