Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

noazrk

Union Steward
In my opinion a Yes vote is a selfish vote or an uneducated vote. It's so blatantly wrong to shoot up the new hire wage $3 and not give senior members anything. And the GWI? LESS than 15 years ago and the same 70 cent raise from 10 years ago? Weak! Then for full-timers there's the 22.4 job, voting to say it's ok for a new driver to make 25% less for the privilege of delivering all weekend with no 9.5 protection so the company can afford paying me the bloated top pay of $40 an hour and raising my pension is the epitome of selfishness.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
In my opinion a Yes vote is a selfish vote or an uneducated vote. It's so blatantly wrong to shoot up the new hire wage $3 and not give senior members anything. And the GWI? LESS than 15 years ago and the same 70 cent raise from 10 years ago? Weak! Then for full-timers there's the 22.4 job, voting to say it's ok for a new driver to make 25% less for the privilege of delivering all weekend with no 9.5 protection so the company can afford paying me the bloated top pay of $40 an hour and raising my pension is the epitome of selfishness.

They try to confuse the matter by using the term gwi and having a separate cola based on much higher than average inflation. Our GWI is what other companies refer to as cola. They make it sound like we're getting more money, when in reality we're just maintaining, or losing some, depending on the rate of inflation over the course of the contract.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If a strike was called I would think that everyone would walk. Because that’s what you do. With talk on here about people crossing the picket line, might make some think it’s ok to do. This site is the only place I’ve ever heard talk of crossing the picket like.
A strike ain’t happening. Look at the airline mechanics. Huge negotiation issues, they get a deal, vote said deal down. And a strike???? Nope!
1304B005-F5E5-4940-9552-383F062B0463.jpeg