Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
If you had Voted Yes, already. You are on time before 1 pm/est on October 5, 2018 to recast your vote.

After knowing, what Amazon will do to all new employees + catching up wages to pre-existing ones to $15.00 dollars an hour, this UPS contract needs to be put down. Let demonstrate them that scariest tactics are over, don't vote Yes out of fear. Negotiations will go back to the table until they get it right. We all deserve better!
Recast Your Vote Now.
168463_529851554.jpg
Lets Vote No!

browned out

A strike ain’t happening. Look at the airline mechanics. Huge negotiation issues, they get a deal, vote said deal down. And a strike???? Nope!
View attachment 215386

There will not be a strike by UPS airline mechanics or the UPS package ground network. A strike at UPS Freight could possibly occur but it is highly unlikely. The Teamsters and Trump will not allow a strike. Back to the table for everyone....Because the majority of these Colluding Teamster/UPS proposals will be voted down in a big way.

badpal

In my opinion a Yes vote is a selfish vote or an uneducated vote. It's so blatantly wrong to shoot up the new hire wage $3 and not give senior members anything. And the GWI? LESS than 15 years ago and the same 70 cent raise from 10 years ago? Weak! Then for full-timers there's the 22.4 job, voting to say it's ok for a new driver to make 25% less for the privilege of delivering all weekend with no 9.5 protection so the company can afford paying me the bloated top pay of $40 an hour and raising my pension is the epitome of selfishness.
Thats why i voted yes.

Observer

I always thought that the company and the union for that matter cannot try to sway the voter. Isn't that illegal? It's nobody's business how you vote. It's personal...why is your local allowing the company to tell people to vote a certain way? Actually the Amazon deal will make some workers leave so that they don't have to be in poverty anymore. It used to be 30-60 days until you received health insurance.
The company won't budge on the $15/hour until forced by local municipalities like in Washington state. McDonald type workers don't deserve the $15 - hell, they can't even get a simple order straight. But working in all kinds of weather and in a dusty dirty environment at a quick pace is. Maybe this will be the way for the $15/hour to get its stronghold in the US. I am curious how much do Canadian UPSers start out at?