Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

542thruNthru

@Laguna Preload how does it look in your area?

@LagunaBrown says it's a yes vote. Is that what you're seeing out there?

Local 542 seems pretty split. Every PT worker and Cover Driver seems to be a No and every Feeder and mid to high seniority driver seems to be a yes.

Just curious what you're seeing.

Laguna Preload

@Laguna Preload how does it look in your area?

@LagunaBrown says it's a yes vote. Is that what you're seeing out there?

Local 542 seems pretty split. Every PT worker and Cover Driver seems to be a No and every Feeder and mid to high seniority driver seems to be a yes.

Just curious what you're seeing.
Honestly the majority of 952 will probably vote yes. With our BA and stewards all on board. I’ve seen them passing out vote yes flyers 4 times. Manegment has been standing with a table by the exit everyday with a vote sign and vote yes flyers. We had a “safety” BBQ this week but it was pretty obvious it was a vote yes BBQ lol. There haven’t been any vote no groups at our building. I have been talking to partimers and most have no idea what is in the contract and are voting yes just because UPS and the union say they should. Most though after I tell them about the PT pay are eager to vote no or go change their vote. This amazon thing is huge. The guy working next to me has been here 4 years. I told him about amazon today and he said how far away is the closest hub?
That is such a shame that after 4 years he can go to another part time wearhouse job and make more. What a shame!

The Real Jack RyanMI6

This must seem totally bizarre to NonUPS individuals.

1 the whole vote yes vot no debate
2. The mechanics voteing no after negotiations of 4 years.
3. Amazon now paying several dollars more in starting wage plus benefits for all.
What a truly interesting set of events this has all turned out to be.

So just say No

542thruNthru

tumblr_lry6toFp9G1qdrqovo1_400.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What’s bizarre to me, as a nonUPSer, is how I can see the major flaws and the potential for the changes in the new contract to be abused by management, but some UPSers can’t see it. Also, it amazes me that your union, to whom you pay dues, acts as if UPSers are too stupid to understand the basics. The saddest thing of all though, is how apathetic people are to what could affect their future in a major way. And then there are those who only care about what immediately affects them, the hell with everyone else.

542thruNthru

What’s bizarre to me, as a nonUPSer, is how I can see the major flaws and the potential for the changes in the new contract to be abused by management, but some UPSers can’t see it. Also, it amazes me that your union, to whom you pay dues, acts as if UPSers are too stupid to understand the basics. The saddest thing of all though, is how apathetic people are to what could affect their future in a major way. And then there are those who only care about what immediately affects them, the hell with everyone else.

73e.gif

Preventable

As a fellow FedExer I kind of agree. But if they tightened the some of the secondary language in the contract I think it would be good. They need to give the 22.4s all the 9.5 overtime etc protections etc that the normal drivers have... maybe lower the number of them to 20% or something... 25% simply seems too high to me, maybe 20% and it has to be staggered like 10% for the first couple years etc because they won't hire a normal driver for years if that contract passes. If the contract was a little bit more reasonable on that side of things concerning 22.4s and other stuff like 70 hours weeks, it would be a good contract as far as pay, pension, healthcare etc goes.

542thruNthru

As a fellow FedExer I kind of agree. But if they tightened the some of the secondary language in the contract I think it would be good. They need to give the 22.4s all the 9.5 overtime etc protections etc that the normal drivers have... maybe lower the number of them to 20% or something... 25% simply seems too high to me, maybe 20% and it has to be staggered like 10% for the first couple years etc because they won't hire a normal driver for years if that contract passes. If the contract was a little bit more reasonable on that side of things concerning 22.4s and other stuff like 70 hours weeks, it would be a good contract as far as pay, pension, healthcare etc goes.

tenor-1.gif

Box Ox

They need to give the 22.4s all the 9.5 overtime etc protections etc that the normal drivers have... maybe lower the number of them to 20% or something...

Won't happen. Doing any of the above would keep 22.4s from taking enough work away from higher paid employees to make the creation of the position worthwhile for the Company. And current Teamster leadership certainly won't demand or even ask for it without a strike.

For the Union, this is also about the state of pension funds around the Country. They'll be able to collect pension payments for 22.4s during their relatively short careers while not having to pay much, if anything, back out to them after they've exited UPS.