Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

LagunaBrown

Didn’t say there wouldn’t be repercussions anywhere in there. Just don’t believe it’s the end of the world like you. I do believe they can and will do better. Once again, your desperation is so obvious bud. Comical.
I’m Desperate because you want to vote no to get what we already have and risk getting less. Lol!

JustDeliverIt

Here's what I want from a No vote that I will be sending in on the master.

1. "As long as work is available" taken out. No reason 22.4 should be guaranteed to 40 hours and RPCD are not.

2. I don't believe that the 22.4 language is going anywhere, but given that they will be working weekends (should be premium pay) and giving the flexibility to work inside or drive (should also be premium pay IMO), they should be paid the same as RPCD and same protections (9.5 language, ect).

3. 70 hour work week protection. They can say all they want that 22.4 will help, cannot leave the call up to the company. Simple language where a 60 hours max per week, employees discretion to waive their right and work 70 if the employee chooses.

4. Some sort of catch up raises for PTers. Even if they gave anyone with 1+ years a buck raise, maybe even .75. They deserve something.

These are the major flaws as I see it. Until they change these things, I'm not on board.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is what happens when every area is drastically different than the other. You're bound to have push back because it will effect everyone differently. Look at the last contract with healthcare.

Yes if everyone was like the west then maybe they would see it your way but that's not how it is.

People WILL be layed off on Mondays
People WILL lose their OT
People WILL lose PT driving jobs (EAM, Air,Shuttle)

It will happen somewhere.

I seem to remember healthcare being significantly ungraded in the Central Region as a result of that supplement being voted down twice last time?

At least that's how I remember it being reported in Canada???

km3

So your voting no to keep weekend work the same for RPCD's and the company will still continue to use current the two tier drivers that already exist even though they make less than a 22.4.

Seriously what are you expecting to gain from a no vote that is better that your current economic package?

-More penalty pay under Article 17. They've played games with our hard earned money for too long. Unfortunately, the IBT has seen fit to make it harder to get penalty pay (and thus, easier for the company to steal money from employees). This is the #1 issue I have with the contract.
-A bigger raise for PTers. $3 is a joke. Or at the very least, give all existing PTers a $3/hr bump too.

542thruNthru

I seem to remember healthcare being significantly ungraded in the Central Region as a result of that supplement being voted down twice last time?

I believe voting down our Supplement also helped our healthcare also.

Seems a NO vote doesn't just make things worse.

Is it still curling season in Canada?

LagunaBrown

We don't know what are, and what aren't, "supplemental issues" until the Master passes.

That's why I am VOTING NO on both.
That is what I am saying. The NMA passes last contract and cooled of the customers till the supplements got finished. If the NMA goes down there will be panic.
As a side note I heard some of the healthcare got reduced because after a year because it was unrealistic in the Central Region or Canada.