Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I thought about this and it's the same difference though. I have 10 employees working, I need 7 to complete the job. In theory, I ask the top seniority Teamster first if he/she wants the extra work. That Teamster has the right to say yes, or no.

I do this with the next person in line until I've offered the work to all 7 employees in seniority order who say yes.

When anyone is offered work first, in essence, they're also being offered to go home first, because they can say no. If they say no, they're also being allowed to leave first due to their seniority.

You're all correct about PTers with no other job going home after 2 hrs though. Did they even pay for gas at that point?
Did you consider my subsequent post?
Because the contract isn't just written to benefit the union membership???
It is also written to allow the Company run their operation efficiently and safely.

With seniority, often comes experience and knowledge.
Why should the Company be saddled with having to send home the wrong person (or nobody, if it means having the wrong guy in the wrong chair) in order to satisfy a "two-way" seniority provision???

Where I will agree with you @Jones is in the notion that the Company should want to send home the senior employee if the senior employee is agreeable, for economic reason$, but should not be locked into the practice if it puts them at a disadvantage in regards to safety, service, or production.

dudebro

Did you consider my subsequent post?
Hadn't read it when I answered the first one. I agree with your post. But training, as they say, is the company's issue.

All I'm saying is that, both things are true at the same time - higher seniority have the right to extra work AND the right to go home first, all as part of the same process. A lot of people seem to think it's either/or, former version of myself included, but it isn't.

LagunaBrown

So your voting no to keep weekend work the same for RPCD's and the company will still continue to use current the two tier drivers that already exist even though they make less than a 22.4.

Seriously what are you expecting to gain from a no vote that is better that your current economic package?

542thruNthru

This is what happens when every area is drastically different than the other. You're bound to have push back because it will effect everyone differently. Look at the last contract with healthcare.

Yes if everyone was like the west then maybe they would see it your way but that's not how it is.

People WILL be layed off on Mondays
People WILL lose their OT
People WILL lose PT driving jobs (EAM, Air,Shuttle)

It will happen somewhere.

llamainmypocket

I'm not really expecting to gain anything from voting no. It's a principle. The two issues I have are part time pay and 22.4 jobs.

Last contract we had a starting that was 50 cents over minimum wage at by the end of the contract it's still 50 cents over.

22.4 combination job needs to either be a combination job or have the same pay rate as other drivers.

We are at the top of the longest economic recovery in our history. Concessions on pay for both part timers and full timers are unacceptable.

LagunaBrown

This is what happens when every area is drastically different than the other. You're bound to have push back because it will effect everyone differently. Look at the last contract with healthcare.

Yes if everyone was like the west then maybe they would see it your way but that's not how it is.

People WILL be layed off on Mondays
People WILL lose their OT
People WILL lose PT driving jobs (EAM, Air,Shuttle)

It will happen somewhere.
Those are supplemental issues. If the NMA gets vote down do you think we won’t loose customers? No concerns at all?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Those are supplemental issues. If the NMA gets vote down do you think we won’t loose customers?

What I don’t get is how you’re so sure that if the master gets voted down that everything is going to be worse the second or possibly third time around. The thought that UPS will only put in one final offer is laughable. Send them back to the table. Tony and Laguna are in desperation mode!

542thruNthru

Those are supplemental issues. If the NMA gets vote down do you think we won’t loose customers? No concerns at all?

That wasn't your original question but yes I'm sure we will lose some customers. UPS treats their employees like dog S* and constantly tells us that they run the company and to shut our mouths and get to work. So they can worry about losing the customer because we have the right to vote and will exercise that right.

There are consequences with every decision in life. If people feel that a No is worth it to them in their area then that's up to them.

LagunaBrown

What I don’t get is how you’re so sure that if the master gets voted down that everything is going to be worse the second or possibly third time around. The thought that UPS will only put in one final offer is laughable. Send them back to the table. Tony and Laguna are in desperation mode!
Ah ha! I can’t understand why you think there will be no repercussions. I can’t wait to see what happens.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Ah ha! I can’t understand why you think there will be no repercussions. I can’t wait to see what happens.

Didn’t say there wouldn’t be repercussions anywhere in there. Just don’t believe it’s the end of the world like you. I do believe they can and will do better. Once again, your desperation is so obvious bud. Comical.