VRP Person Gets Health Insurance Cancalled prematurely

SusanVRP

Hi Everyone,

I figured this would be the best way to get the word out. I was located in the ISMD building and accepted the VRP - last day on the payroll was September 20, 2018. Per the agreement medical, prescription, dental and vision were paid for through the end of this year. I went to the doctor this past week (12/12) only to find out my medical coverage and prescription plan had been cancelled on December 1. That means I've been uninsured since the beginning of the month and didn't know it. Through many phone calls it seems like there was a snafu and the "employee" plan was terminated but the "retiree" plan for the month of December was never activated. They are trying to reinstate me but hasn't happened yet. Hopefully on Monday.

Please, if you know of people who accepted the VRP and have a termination date in 2018, ask them to call the number on their insurance card to make sure they still have coverage. It was an ugly surprise to me and am hoping I remain in one piece while I get reinstated ;-).

Spread the word.

Popeye

If you accepted the VRP they are supposed to pay for the employee plan through the end of the year. You should have signed up for the retiree plan for 2019 during the enrollment period in October.

SusanVRP

If you accepted the VRP they are supposed to pay for the employee plan through the end of the year. You should have signed up for the retiree plan for 2019 during the enrollment period in October.
Yes they were and that's where UPS fell short - it was an error on their part. Anything I would have signed up for for 2019 doesn't help with December 2018.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Yes they were and that's where UPS fell short - it was an error on their part. Anything I would have signed up for for 2019 doesn't help with December 2018.

There are two parts to this:

1) You should be calling people in I.S. HR until you get someone who can help set your 2018 bill right. What they did to you is wrong, and they need to be held accountable.

2) Did you receive the paperwork/process to sign up for 2019 as a retiree? If not, you have a big problem. It may take several calls and escalation until you can get the right person to help, but you need to be relentless and not except no until you get help.

Good luck!