Wages and inflation

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Imagine how high that number would be if Democrats got their way.
The powers that be, without a care about any party, might prefer inflation, since a rapidly strengthening dollar could end it's status as an international currency. As a result, my theory on inflation is that it will largely follow international currency inflation, and any policies that are made, while they may have a specific domestic goal, will also be designed to meet this broader economic goal.
See dollar milkshake theory.

Up In Smoke

The government artificially funds our economy for 14 plus years with QE, near 0% interest rates, tax cuts, stimulus payments, subsidies and dozens of other spending projects and we are shocked when inflation hits as these government programs are slowly drawn down? The Fed made capital more available to businesses, individuals and state/local governments, so few payed down debt, only refinanced it to the future. The future is today. This is going to be bumpy and difficult for all. We have been living in a 40% off world for quite some time and now it's time to pay full price. IMO

The government artificially funds our economy for 14 plus years with QE, near 0% interest rates, tax cuts, stimulus payments, subsidies and dozens of other spending projects and we are shocked when inflation hits as these government programs are slowly drawn down? The Fed made capital more available to businesses, individuals and state/local governments, so few payed down debt, only refinanced it to the future. The future is today. This is going to be bumpy and difficult for all. We have been living in a 40% off world for quite some time and now it's time to pay full price. IMO
And now the government wants to forgive 1.6 trillion dollars worth of student loan debt.....

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The government inflation numbers don’t count food, energy or housing so inflation is really around 12-13% but regardless UPS shouldn’t have to give huge raises to its employees because dementia joe and the other jokes in office destroyed our economy. There are certain times where there’s uncertainty and you have to adapt to it. Monthly expenses as of April are 533$ more per American than last year. I traded in a car for another with better gas mileage and a lower payment, got rid of some streaming services, canceled my heating oil deliveries and stopped eating out as much. I negated inflation costs and didn’t need a raise at work to do it. Sometimes you have to sacrifice just a little. Don’t live your lifestyle on our OT. This is a 60k a year job without it.

Up In Smoke

And now the government wants to forgive 1.6 trillion dollars worth of student loan debt.....
That money is gone, like a bad investment in a business, property or stock market. Federal dollars given to state institutions and individuals for education and housing. We need to think in terms of how to recoup the most from that investment now. Much like a foreclosure, the lending institution gets the physical property back (the student) free from debts and leans. How do we maximize our return on investment? These borrowers have not made payments in almost 2.5 years while starting careers, getting married, buying homes and starting families. Sometimes in business you have to eat your loses and move on. I would like to see a graduated tax on borrowers that is taken as part of their fed withholding until paid in full, but it doesn't have much support.

Up In Smoke

The government inflation numbers don’t count food, energy or housing so inflation is really around 12-13% but regardless UPS shouldn’t have to give huge raises to its employees because dementia joe and the other jokes in office destroyed our economy. There are certain times where there’s uncertainty and you have to adapt to it. Monthly expenses as of April are 533$ more per American than last year. I traded in a car for another with better gas mileage and a lower payment, got rid of some streaming services, canceled my heating oil deliveries and stopped eating out as much. I negated inflation costs and didn’t need a raise at work to do it. Sometimes you have to sacrifice just a little. Don’t live your lifestyle on our OT. This is a 60k a year job without it.
What people fail to see is for the last 14 yrs (since September of 2008) the government has propped up every financial aspect of our lives through spending programs. The talk then was "who's going to pay for it?" That time has come. The fed is attempting to move out of the way and see if we are strong enough to survive without all the sugar. They tried in September of 2018 to raise rates and ease QE, but the economy couldn't withstand the weight and we injected more money. Time will tell if this time we are strong enough.

That money is gone, like a bad investment in a business, property or stock market. Federal dollars given to state institutions and individuals for education and housing. We need to think in terms of how to recoup the most from that investment now. Much like a foreclosure, the lending institution gets the physical property back (the student) free from debts and leans. How do we maximize our return on investment? These borrowers have not made payments in almost 2.5 years while starting careers, getting married, buying homes and starting families. Sometimes in business you have to eat your loses and move on. I would like to see a graduated tax on borrowers that is taken as part of their fed withholding until paid in full, but it doesn't have much support.
Lots of these people should have made better choices on college and pick something less expensive and pick a field that they could get a good paying job in.

oldngray

nowhere special
Lots of these people should have made better choices on college and pick something less expensive and pick a field that they could get a good paying job in.
Why should they? They keep getting told they won't have to pay back those loans and give little thought to jobs in the future.

... they have to go to too many activist marches to keep up.

Why should they? They keep getting told they won't have to pay back those loans and give little thought to jobs in the future.

... they have to go to too many activist marches to keep up.
When I talk to my kids friends that's exactly their mindset. They feel like they are not obligated to pay these loans back