Waiting for Superman.

Penn's politics might be questionable, but the guy is a phenomenal actor. Chavez is a POS for sure.
I think Penn's greatest woll was in fast times are ridgemont high, after that......not so great. Mind you I haven't seen all of his work and don't care to.

wkmac

Sean Penn has come along way since Ridgemont High. Rent "Mystic River" or "Sam".

The other guy is a POS.

Absolutely on Mystic River and I thought he and Susan Sarandon in Dead Man Walking were both great. Think what you like of his politics but on the Silver Screen the guy is truly fantastic. When it came to Sean and his private political side, I was like so many here but when I read about Sean's father Leo, what he went through during the red scare era and being blacklisted (wrongly IMO) I gained a greater understanding of Sean and an appreciation of a son who in fact loved and is loyal to his father. Chavez is not my idea of leader of the week but you'll never understand Chavez without understanding the 150 year history of American and European meddling in that region that continues to this day. If one studies a bit about Simon Bolivar and his place in South American independence from the Spanish empire, then a small hint on Chavez will begin to emerge.

You will find that MFE likes to latch on to particular issues and beat them to death, which is a shame because he much more to offer than that.
He's shown me nothing in the way of "much more to offer". He's even more guilty of "talking points" as he accuses everyone else of being. If he didn't post insults and ridiculous rants, he wouldn't have anything to say. Just watch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He's shown me nothing in the way of "much more to offer". He's even more guilty of "talking points" as he accuses everyone else of being. If he didn't post insults and ridiculous rants, he wouldn't have anything to say. Just watch.

I spend a little more time in the FedEx forums than you and have seen what he has to offer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every minute you spend in that forum is one more minute more you spend there than I do.

I spend time there as I like to read what bbsam has to say. He has given me an insight in to the contractor model that I did not have. I also go there as it makes me appreciate what you and I may take for granted.

I spend time there as I like to read what bbsam has to say. He has given me an insight in to the contractor model that I did not have. I also go there as it makes me appreciate what you and I may take for granted.
\ Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying you shouldn't read in that forum, just that I have no desire to do so. To each their own. IMHO, bbsam and MrFredEx are on totally different planes of communication.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

\ Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying you shouldn't read in that forum, just that I have no desire to do so. To each their own. IMHO, bbsam and MrFredEx are on totally different planes of communication.

Agreed--bbsam is at flying altitude while MFE is red-tagged in the hangar.

Last edited: