Wally's list of things that make Package Car drivers heads want to explode!

rorojo

Why should they? We are a service provider. It is our job to work with our customers in a manner that best serves their interests, not ours.
No our job is delever as quickly as possible in a professional manner. We dont have time to cottle unreasonable consignees. I dont think they would want us to come in and take up thier time, so why should we allow them to waste ours.

dudebro

No our job is delever as quickly as possible in a professional manner. We dont have time to cottle unreasonable consignees. I dont think they would want us to come in and take up thier time, so why should we allow them to waste ours.
The thing about competition is, if the business is more consignee driven, and another company is willing to coddle them, we will have to do the same, or find ourselves at a disadvantage.

ChrisTheBrown

For sure, off the top of my head..Having some type of delay, when I am still expected to deliver a 09:30 EAM on time..
Had an issue recently at my center where half of the drivers couldn't get EDD, myself being one of them. Finally left the building at 09:07, stop completed EAM @ 09:27..
Could've had any other unexpected delays on my way to making that delivery, thankfully I didn't.
Situations like that drive me crazy, but I just do what I can. Can't speed or take shortcuts, still have to be conscious of preventing accidents & injuries.

Keenj

A customer chased me down about 45 minutes after I made a delivery to their house demanding I go back and move the giant package I delivered from the front door to the garage. Yeah, not happening. After I hit stop complete, it's not my problem anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A customer chased me down about 45 minutes after I made a delivery to their house demanding I go back and move the giant package I delivered from the front door to the garage. Yeah, not happening. After I hit stop complete, it's not my problem anymore.

What is their normal delivery point? Was there a note on the front door asking that you put the package in the garage? Was the giant package "out of sight, out of weather"?

I would not have gone back at that point but then again I would not have left a giant package by their front door.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Unreasonable consignees.....
I have a particular person that orders a variety of stuff. Usually big and awkward. Well every time that I enter this property I am at risk of injury(because of the nature of their packages) or accident(because their property is cluttered with old vehicles and junk).
Recently, it was raining very hard one day and I placed his packages in a shed with a roll up door. He did not like that.
He had 2 bulk stops of about 15 / 40lb boxes that I left stacked in a neat pile on the edge of his sidewalk. The second time he literally sat and watched me struggle over cobble rocks with my cart load and never offered to assist.
Here is the kicker. He called in a complaint that I left these heavy boxes stacked on his sidewalk and he did not specify where he would like them.
NOW....why did he not just say something to me when he was watching me unload his second bulk shipment?
He refused to come to the door days later so we could talk this out. I am considering not servicing his address and maybe he will appreciate UPS a little more if he had to drive to the center to get his 500 LB bulk shipments.

Keenj

What is their normal delivery point? Was there a note on the front door asking that you put the package in the garage? Was the giant package "out of sight, out of weather"?

I would not have gone back at that point but then again I would not have left a giant package by their front door.

They get their packages at the front door, no note and it was out of sight, out of weather more so than at their garage that was closed and in plain view of the street. Just one of those customers who is too lazy to pick up a package and move it themselves. Well, not lazy since they hunted me down. More like entitled.

Unreasonable consignees.....
I have a particular person that orders a variety of stuff. Usually big and awkward. Well every time that I enter this property I am at risk of injury(because of the nature of their packages) or accident(because their property is cluttered with old vehicles and junk).
Recently, it was raining very hard one day and I placed his packages in a shed with a roll up door. He did not like that.
He had 2 bulk stops of about 15 / 40lb boxes that I left stacked in a neat pile on the edge of his sidewalk. The second time he literally sat and watched me struggle over cobble rocks with my cart load and never offered to assist.
Here is the kicker. He called in a complaint that I left these heavy boxes stacked on his sidewalk and he did not specify where he would like them.
NOW....why did he not just say something to me when he was watching me unload his second bulk shipment?
He refused to come to the door days later so we could talk this out. I am considering not servicing his address and maybe he will appreciate UPS a little more if he had to drive to the center to get his 500 LB bulk shipments.
Next time, take a picture of where you left them.

MC0493

When walking up to a house, customer sees you, looks right at you and then proceeds to walk away/close the door. Like really? Then there's the polar opposite, customers come meet you to save the walk, offer water and so on.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I find that hard to believe.

Uhmkay, Dave. You decide. Because with this guy, there is no good place.
pictures 109.JPG
pictures 111.JPG

1Simplemann

My head explodes when they cut routes on Friday! Especially on the Friday before a holiday weekend. Happens every time! Yesterday had 8.5/9 hrs on my route. They cut routes and I get a 2.5/3 hr split! Clocked out at 8:30pm! Mentioned this to my sup. in the AM. He said he was "told" to do it which means the district manager. I told him that I bet the DM is walking out the door 3-4PM on the Friday before a 3 day weekend! Just chaps my :censored2:.

billerz

No other viable option.
I agree that the customer is an :censored2:, the only thing I would ask, is when you delivered the bulk stop and he was sitting there, did you ask him "hey where would you like me to put all these boxes, I can set them here blah blah".

MC0493

If theres a resi bulk stop i'll always try and ask where they want the stuff before i get it out. If they're not home then tough :censored2:, you'll like where i put it.