Wally's list of things that make Package Car drivers heads want to explode!

wayfair

swollen member
I deliver to 3 schools and a district office. One of the schools is in a residential area that I deliver in the afternoon. They have asked that I try to avoid that area between 1415-1445 and I comply.

Dispatch has put 1400 as a commit time in my board for the schools on my area

Keenj

Businesses that are closed on Fridays still get loaded on my car on Friday even though they're supposed to be pulled off the belt. About 40 packages not delivered today because of that

SmithBarney

That gut wrenching feeling when during the first hour of the day, you take a corner to tight, or have to brake suddenly and you hear the entire top shelf dump on the floor...yes this happened once or twice when our parking lot was under construction, it was like a war zone with craters that would rock a p1000 like nobodies business.

BrownThunder

when youre on vacation but still cant seem to escape the thought of work

Attachments

• 1466825351475.jpg
    1466825351475.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 154

Eye To Eye Contact.

Put yourself in their shoes for a moment.

I avoid fast food stops during their lunch rush and schools during afternoon release.

It's called common courtesy.
They need to put their selves in my shoes we don't get to sit in ac all day. Our office is mobile. And like he said it takes five seconds. Tops. Takes more time telling me when to come back

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They need to put their selves in my shoes we don't get to sit in ac all day. Our office is mobile. And like he said it takes five seconds. Tops. Takes more time telling me when to come back

Both of my kids started their work careers at Mickey D's. I knew better than to try to visit them at work during the lunch rush.

They do not need to put themselves in to your shoes. It is our job to take care of the customers (within reason) and if they ask you to not deliver there during their busy time you respect their wishes.

2BadKneesPlease

When you run a route under time allowed and under miles but miss the 85% trace and your center manager asks, "you think you're smarter than the computer?"
Yes, apparently I am....

Eye To Eye Contact.

Both of my kids started their work careers at Mickey D's. I knew better than to try to visit them at work during the lunch rush.

They do not need to put themselves in to your shoes. It is our job to take care of the customers (within reason) and if they ask you to not deliver there during their busy time you respect their wishes.
So who respects ours ?

ManInBrown

They took my normal truck out of service unexpectedly one day a few weeks ago. Also coincided with my normal loader being on vacation. His replacement was the worst loader I've ever seen. Hands down. Just god awful. Every day after the PCM half my load would still be outside the car and I had to load myself. No biggie. When I get out of the building, I get out. I get to my first stop of the day, grab it from the back. Walk it off and as I'm walking back to the car, I think to myself, was that my imagination or was there no hand truck in the back. LOL. Needless to say it was a LONG day. Probably 10-12 business stops per day where the hand cart is an absolute must.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They took my normal truck out of service unexpectedly one day a few weeks ago. Also coincided with my normal loader being on vacation. His replacement was the worst loader I've ever seen. Hands down. Just god awful. Every day after the PCM half my load would still be outside the car and I had to load myself. No biggie. When I get out of the building, I get out. I get to my first stop of the day, grab it from the back. Walk it off and as I'm walking back to the car, I think to myself, was that my imagination or was there no hand truck in the back. LOL. Needless to say it was a LONG day. Probably 10-12 business stops per day where the hand cart is an absolute must.

The hand cart is part of the pretrip so not having it was totally on you.