Walmart anti-union video leaked

hyena

[QUOTE="

The video did make at least one good point though. Why would someone want to join an organization that is actively trying to destroy the company they are being hired by or already work for? That's something I will never understand about the union's tactics. It's stupid to simultaneously push to boycott companies and want their employees to join you. LOL! Talk about counter productive.[/QUOTE]no it makes perfect sense , the unions attacking the company for the way they treat their workers. So join the union and get better wages and working conditions. That video was funny though and that's what it should be taken for a friend$&&en joke!

browntroll

so thats why my brother keeps telling me not to shop at walmart lol. i normally go to vons or costco since walmart is too far for me
and not worth the gas to get there and deal with mass amount of ppl. if i talk the way i normally talk at walmart i wouldnt have a job
thats a fact, ppl are surprised by the stories i tell them about the stuff thats said between pters and sups.

watdaflock?

The video did make at least one good point though. Why would someone want to join an organization that is actively trying to destroy the company they are being hired by or already work for? That's something I will never understand about the union's tactics. It's stupid to simultaneously push to boycott companies and want their employees to join you. LOL! Talk about counter productive.
two thumbs up

Do you set out to be a troll or does this come naturally??
Do you set out to be closed minded or did the union propaganda cause it to appear unnaturally?

bbsam

Staff member
I love the "all those union dues" argument. Walmart patted themselves on the back last february by announcing upcoming raises for full time employees to $13 an hour. As an unskilled (non driving) full time Ups employee I make over double that and the $70 a month I pay in dues is made up by lunchtime on the first day of the month.
Not to mention that the teacher who taught you those astounding math skills was also probably a union member.

JL 0513

I prefer Target but don't mind Walmart. The biggest problem with Walmart is how crowded the layout usually is and the type of people that shop there, sorry to say. Target is much more open with generally more sophisticated shoppers. And in my case they are across the street from each other so no brainer.

I imagine the guys bashing Walmart is because of the video specifically and not because they are not unionized. Because I dare someone to live shopping at only unionized retail shops. Good luck finding one.

Walmart shouldn't be unionized. That would spell the immediate decline of the worlds largest employer and perhaps ultimate demise. These big retail boxes are mostly about price. If a union eventually doubles everyone's compensation, they can no longer compete with everyone else who remains non-unionized. If Walmart even raised prices just 5% beyond Targets for all the same stuff, see you later Walmart. It's a very tight marketplace.

Face it, the only reason unions are trying to get into Walmart is for unions. You think a union gives a crap about the workers they have yet to represent? Of course not. It's to enrich unions, plain and simple.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I love the "all those union dues" argument. Walmart patted themselves on the back last february by announcing upcoming raises for full time employees to $13 an hour. As an unskilled (non driving) full time Ups employee I make over double that and the $70 a month I pay in dues is made up by lunchtime on the first day of the month.
You provide a service which is much more difficult and demanding than someone handing out smiley face stickers at the front door.
Walmart shouldn't be unionized. That would spell the immediate decline of the worlds largest employer and perhaps ultimate demise. These big retail boxes are mostly about price. If a union eventually doubles everyone's compensation, they can no longer compete with everyone else who remains non-unionized. If Walmart even raised prices just 5% beyond Targets for all the same stuff, see you later Walmart. It's a very tight marketplace.
I agree and just to add onto that, Wal-Mart's margins are pretty poor by business standards. They didn't even achieve a 3% margin last quarter. Less than half of UPS' margin. The business model doesn't work with a unionized workforce.

JL 0513

I agree and just to add onto that, Wal-Mart's margins are pretty poor by business standards. They didn't even achieve a 3% margin last quarter. Less than half of UPS' margin. The business model doesn't work with a unionized workforce.

Exactly. Ignorant people look at big companies like Walmart and see big super rich evil corporations. These companies that strive to offer the lowest prices have these slim margins you mentioned. Their profits can reach high levels due to massive volume but big companies need big profit. You don't want to work for a company that barely scrapes by.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Exactly. Ignorant people look at big companies like Walmart and see big super rich evil corporations. These companies that strive to offer the lowest prices have these slim margins you mentioned. Their profits can reach high levels due to massive volume but big companies need big profit. You don't want to work for a company that barely scrapes by.
If Walmart can't pay a living wage and still make a profit then maybe they shouldn't be in business at all.